1.2. What’s New in Acronis Storage 2.0¶
Acronis Storage 2.0 offers the following new or updated features compared to Acronis Storage 1.0:
- A web-based user interface that enables access to all Acronis Storage 2.0 features, including management and monitoring of clusters and nodes, iSCSI targets, S3 object storages, and Acronis Backup Gateways.
- Support for new data redundancy modes by erasure coding to ensure a significant reduction of data replication overhead.
- Ability to create and manage object storages with support for the Amazon S3 compatible protocol.
- Ability to create and manage iSCSI targets.
- Ability to create and manage Acronis Backup Gateway access points and use Acronis Storage 2.0 to store backups created with Acronis Backup Cloud.
- Ability to prove authenticity of stored files by means of blockchain notarization. Users can upload files to object storage repositories and record file fingerprints (in the form of file hashes) in the Acronis Notary service connected to the Ethereum blockchain.
Aug 11, 2017