Release notes for Acronis Cyber Cloud 9.0 Update 2
Release date: May 2020
With this update release, the Acronis flagship cloud product offers enhancements and addresses the issues found in the previous releases.
- Business VPN
Enable your customers to securely connect to the local corporate site environment with no significant efforts.
Available in the Cyber Protect - Disaster Recovery and Cyber Backup - Disaster Recovery editions.
For more details, refer to “Point-to-site remote VPN access” in the Cyber Protection User Guide.
- Branding mode selection for the Acronis Cyber Protection agent
It is now possible to select in the Branding options whether your customers will be using the Acronis-branded or white-labeled Cyber Protection agent.
Available in all Cyber Backup and Cyber Protect editions.
For more details, refer to “Configuring branding” in the Cyber Protection User Guide.
- Zoom, WebEx, and Microsoft Teams protection enhancements
A more informative protection status of Zoom, WebEx, and Microsoft Teams is now available in Acronis Cyber Protection Monitor.
Available in all Cyber Protect editions.
Requires the most recent version of agent to be installed. The Antivirus & Antimalware protection module in a protection plan should be enabled.
- Patch management enhancements
The new option is now available in the Patch management settings - "Do not reboot a machine if backup is running".
Available in all Cyber Protect editions.
For more details, refer to “Patch management settings” in the Cyber Protection User Guide.
With Acronis Cyber Cloud 9.0 Update 2 release, we are introducing a possibility to select the branding mode for the Acronis Cyber Protection agent.
Here is how the new branding parameter is represented in the Account Management API:
- Account Management APIv1
The new field "white_labeled_agent" is now available in the endpoint /api/1/groups/<group_id>/brand
Possible values: true, false.
- Account Management APIv2
The new field "white_labeled_agent" is now available in the endpoint /api/2/tenants/<tenant_uuid>/brand
Possible values: true, false.
For more details, see the dedicated API change log document.
Acronis Cyber Protection agent
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Windows (v. 12.5.22750)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Mac (v. 12.5.22750)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Linux (v. 12.5.22750)
See separate Acronis Cyber Protection agent release notes here.
This section describes issues that have been fixed in this update.
Acronis Cyber Protect
- [PLTFRM-21631] The device quota is taken but not counted, can't be released/changed.
- [ADP-8009] The scheduled operations report is not received.
- [ADP-8184] An inconsistent title "Dashboard" for the menu item "Overview".
- [AMP-2128][AAP-3688] aakore didn't start due to the occupied port 9999.
- [ABR-268344] The "Add a device" wizard is shown right after the device registration is complete.
- [ADP-7401] Some main menu items are invisible while loading on slow connection.
- [ADP-7741] VLC media player 126.96.36.199 release is not available in Patch management.
- [ADP-8292] VLC media player. False positive vulnerabilities are detected.
- [ADP-7742][KERNEL-9308] Google Drive File Stream is blocked.
- [ADP-7811] The vulnerability assessment failed due to a conflict with Windows Update Agent.
- [ADP-7826] The "Failed to scan backup. No slices in archive" error occurs on scanning a backup for malware. Scanning started before the backup finished.
- [ADP-7871] The "started by" field is empty for backup scanning activities.
- [ADP-7875] The vulnerability assessment failed after 1 hour of execution with the 'Task timeout expired' error if Patch management, Vulnerability assessment, and FixNow mode were initiated simultaneously.
- [ADP-7880] The "started by" field is empty for scheduled "Updating cyber protect definitions" activities.
- [ADP-7885] The "Patch management" task starts two activities if a user posted these tasks simultaneously by accident.
- [ADP-7911] The report 'Existing vulnerabilities' shows incorrect information in certain circumstances.
- [ADP-7965] A space missed in the "ApplicationVersion" text in About.
- [ADP-8003] An incorrect word wrap in the Troubleshoot section of Activity Details.
- [ADP-8047] The vulnerability assessment failed with the error "database disk image is malformed".
- [ADP-8085] Scanning progress may be reported incorrectly in case where there are too many slices in a backup.
- [ADP-8101] False cancelation of alert that the Cyber Protection (or Active Protection) service is not responding after the reboot.
- [ADP-8123] The desktop scale is too big in the RDP HTML5 client.
- [ADP-8139] Scanning the backups to discover malware ends with "Internal server error".
- [ADP-8151] A hint is not displayed for the "Install patches" button in the Patches/Vulnerabilities list.
- [ADP-8155] The Disk health status and Data protection map widgets are empty.
- [ADP-8166] Running remediation from the Threat feed list doesn't drop the alert number.
- [ADP-8169] Patch management failed with the message "MediaTypeFromString: unknown `InstallationMediaType`: exe_msp" when installing an update for a certain version of Adobe Reader.
- [ADP-8245] The Update Cyber Protect definitions activity failed while the machine was not connected to the Internet.
- [ADP-8309] The alert "Cyber Protection (or Active Protection) service is not responding" is generated for the agent for Linux.
- [AMP-2271] Multiple false positives vulnerabilities detection cases related to Adobe Reader.
- [AMP-2321] THe schedule details are shown in the summary after turning off the Schedule scan.
- [AMP-2360] The malware scan failed with "AVC didn't respond in time".
- [AUK-3707] The name "New protection plan (1)" is used when creating a first protection plan.
- [AUK-3744] The header is misaligned upon the browser resize on the Activities page.
- [AUK-3745] An unnecessary tooltip is shown during a new protection plan creation.
- [AUK-3766] The "Copy to clipboard" hint is missing for the quarantine file details.
- [ABR-266621] The Cyber Protect service does not auto-restart after crash.
- [ABR-266544] The Updating Cyber Protect definitions activity failed.
- [ABR-269034] Zoom protection is not displayed if the agent updated with a live update.
- [ABR-266779] Uninstallation lasts for too long time. Cyber Protect Service is not uninstalled after the reboot.
- [ABLOC-12539] An incorrect translation for the registration code expiration time in the Linux installer.
- [ABR-268767] The installer removes Acronis True Image RPM without a user confirmation.
- [ABR-265753] The agent is not registered if Managed Machine Service starts for too long time.
- [ABR-270056] Failed to register the agent with the error "Cannot launch child process due to platform API error".
- [PLTFRM-21577] "Duplicate entry" errors when registering the agent.
Backup and recovery
- [ARC-197] Differential backups of NAS files are getting stuck after update of the agent to 9.0.
- [ADP-8098] Escaped symbols are shown if the ">" symbol is used in the backup name.
- [ABR-263252] The "Refresh automatically" checkbox is unchecked in the Activities list.
- [ABR-265027] It is not possible to access the Cyber Protection console.
- [ABR-267317] An incorrect user is displayed in the "Started by" field of the activities "Creating plan" and "Applying plan".
- [ABR-268074] UTF-8 string is not displayed properly in the Activities panel.
- [ABR-268077] The protection plan fails with the error message 'Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers'.
- [ABR-268196] Big temp files in the "Program Data" Acronis folder during backup.
- [ABR-268362] The application backup is enabled on incompatible machines.
- [ABR-268554] It is not possible to apply existing plans to a device on a specific account, since the plans are not listed.
- [ABR-268573] The machine status in the console is "OK" but the protection plan was removed.
- [ABR-268591] The CDP slice is not created if encryption is enabled in the Cyber Protection monitor.
- [ABR-268788] The Forensic option is enabled when the System State backup type is selected.
- [ABR-268829] A user can't cancel recovering activities.
- [ABR-269184] The Activity tracker timestamp got reset.
- [ABR-269500] The backup completed with the warning Windows error: (0x8007018B).
- [ABR-269592] The same text is repeated twice in the "Full disk access" warning of the protection plan.
- [ABR-269594] The wrong link to Knowledge Base in the "Full disk access" warning and alert.
- [ABR-269740] The unclear "Backup failed" error is shown upon editing a protection plan.
- [ABR-269960] [Linux] MMS crashes if /etc/redhat-release does not contain digits.
- [ABR-270113] No "Resuming Continuous Data Protection" sub-activity after backup failure.
- [ABR-270414] Local usage is not reported to the platform.
- [ABR-270534] An old name is shown in the Activities list even after the protection plan renaming.
- [ABR-270556] An unclear error "Post https://CUSTOM_URL/api/2/idp/token: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority" by agent registration.
- [ABR-270931] The plan revocation failed with the error "409: Cannot revoke source because its parent is still protected".
- [PLTFRM-21496] Backup fails with the "couldn't get upstream token, failed to get upstream token provider" error after the update.
- [ABR-270555] macOS kernel panicked on the agent live update from the build 12.5.22410 to 12.5.22530.
- [ABR-268818] The window for registration does not appear after the agent was installed.
- [ABR-268576] The agent registration does not start on macOS Catalina 10.15.5 beta2.
- [ABR-262604] The alert 'Device quota reached' is displayed when the 'Public IP' and 'Compute points' quotas were exceeded.
- [DRAAS-20081] An inserted password from the clipboard is corrupted if there was a fake password '******'.
- [DRAAS-20142] Various smaller fixes and improvements for the Disaster Recovery service.
- [PLTFRM-21675] Switching to the Users tab brings you back to the previous tenant if you moved to the current one through the search function.
- [PLTFRM-21211] The UI glitches when creating a new customer with 150% font size.
- [PLTFRM-21402] Continuous loading during login to the Management Portal in the certain circumstances.
- [PLTFRM-21487] Management Portal: search is not working properly if the symbol "&" is used in the tenant name.
Known issues and limitations
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
Acronis Cyber Protect
- [PLTFRM-18969] It is not possible to protect Microsoft SQL on a machine with a workstation operating system, in the case Agent for Hyper-V is also installed among local agents.
- [ABR-255521] The number of total runs and successful runs is zero for the Microsoft Office 365 resources.
- [ABR-240431] It is possible to apply an existing protection plan with the "Cloud" backup destination, even if the cloud storage quota was exceeded for a tenant. The plan will fail upon execution.
- [ABR-239197] The protection plan with the enabled Physical Data Shipping option cannot be run if the "Local backup" offering item is disabled for a tenant.
- [ABR-228827] If some backup is removed via the Data Recovery (Web Restore) console, this change is not reflected in the service console while browsing the backup location, until the service console is refreshed.
- [ABR-196710] The backup location on the network share usage is duplicated in the case when there is a different network share with the same name registered as a backup location (shares rotation scenario).
- [ABR-189620] The "Activities summary" widget shows activities out of the defined date "Range" scope (excessive activities may be shown).
- [ABR-184900] Local backup usage is not reported for backups stored on a network share with enabled deduplication.
- [ABR-183764] Local backup usage is not updated for all virtual machine backups after deleting and re-adding a network location.
- [ABR-182313] Local backup usage size is duplicated after reconnecting a locally attached storage (LAS) to a new Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance).
- [ABR-178648] The installer does not remove/update old libraries if the previous update was interrupted.
- [ABR-154655] The protection plan may have the "Backup succeeded" status, even if this plan is completed with warnings. Alerts and activities still show the proper status of the plan.
- [ABR-133689] Acronis MMS fails to start on the latest version of CentOS 7 that uses the 3.10.0-514.21.2.el7.x86_64 kernel version, due to the specific kernel bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1463241.
- [ABR-113452] If a machine was re-registered under a different account without revoking the existing protection plan from it, this plan may still continue to run unexpectedly.
- [ABR-106790] The service console is not shown properly on mobile devices.
- [ABR-252829] Sorting by status is inconsistent and mixes the results in an unpredicted way.
- [ABR-134234] For a folder that is a junction of another folder, any changes made to the contents of the original data (linked to this junction folder) are not backed up. The problem is not reproduced only when using the backup format v12.
- [ABR-115270] The "[All Profiles Folder]" template in a file level backup does not support a custom profile path.
- [ABR-87244] File-level recovery from a disk/volume backup of NTFS volumes with the enabled native deduplication does not work.
- [ABR-190404] It is not possible to recover from the Large Scale Recovery backup produced by the "LSR" tool if the backup is split into multiple separate files (multi-volume).
- [ABR-183082] Recovery of a Linux machine having some volumes with the XFS file system completes with the "Failed to process the boot loader configuration." warning. The machine is bootable despite the warning.
- [ABR-158677] "Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection" NIC is not properly recognized by Windows 10 after recovery of an image to a VMware Workstation virtual machine by using the bootable media.
- [ABR-129075] When browsing a folder in a backup during the file-level recovery via the service console, some child folders may not appear in the list after sorting by type if the folder contains many elements. To show all items of the folders, you need to scroll down in order to load the entire content of a parent folder and perform sorting only after that.
- [ABR-127666] Files/folders may still be available for a recovery from backups saved in the cloud, even if these files/folders were removed from a source device and the backups that contain these files were already cleaned up during retention.
- [ABR-221210] An application-aware agent-less VM backup fails with the "Internal error: Failed to find file 'C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\AcronisGuestService\output.xml'" error, due to a false positive detection of the Acronis "app_detect.exe" binary as "SONAR.Susplnject!gen5" malware by Norton Security Deluxe and/or Symantec Endpoint Protection antiviruses installed inside the virtual machine.
- [ABR-162925] Application items (databases and/or mailboxes) cannot be recovered from the application-aware entire machine backup if the databases are located on mount points (the database path is redirected to another location).
- [ABR-74984] The "Next backup" time is not displayed for a machine that has only application-level protection plans applied to it.
- [ABR-207057] The Bulgarian language is missing in the "Recovery HD" menu (bootable media for Mac), due to a lack of support of the Bulgarian language in macOS.
- [ABR-141823] There are incorrect backup items in a protection plan after updating Mac OS X to 10.13 High Sierra with conversion from HFS+ to APFS (some backup items are missing).
- [ABR-137886] Backing up Mac with Apple RAID configured fails with the "No volumes were found when processing the 'Fixed Volumes' template" error. Apple RAIDs are not supported.
- [ABR-242166] An application-aware backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine may fail when executing the WMI query, with the "WMI 'ExecQuery' failed executing query." or "Failed to create a new process via WMI" errors, when the backup is performed on a host under a high load, due to no response from WMI.
- [ABR-235983] A protection plan using policy rules such as "/dev/sdaX" or "/sdaX" applied to a VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine fails with the "Nothing to back up. The operation has been terminated." error, when performed by Agent for VMware/Hyper-V.
- [ABR-234935] There are duplicated activities in the Activities summary, after the backup of a virtual machine running on a Hyper-V cluster.
- [ABR-234935] An incorrect number of Total runs/Number of successful runs for a Hyper-V cluster is shown on the Operations tab.
- [ABR-234935] The number of email notifications is equal to the number of Hyper-V cluster nodes for one VM backup activity.
- [ABR-206940] Backing up a Hyper-V virtual machine located on a CSV volume may block moving this CSV volume to a different Hyper-V node, in some cases.
- [ABR-204800] Agent for VMware (Windows) installed on Windows Server 2019 cannot use the "Direct SAN Access" backup mode if it is connected to VMware vSphere version 6.7 and the datastore is connected via iSCSI.
- [ABR-192213] VMware virtual machines with an empty "vc.uuid" (InstanceUUID) vSphere property are not listed in the service console.
- [ABR-189882] Backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine fails if it contains an ampersand symbol in the names of its virtual disks.
- [ABR-173002] Run VM from a backup on a Hyper-V host fails, if the backup is located on the same volume as the path selected for the mounted VM disks.
- Solution: select a different volume for the mounted VM disks path. The space will be consumed only for changes generated inside the mounted VM and it will not occupy the entire size of the virtual disk.
- [ABR-137564] Cross-platform recoveries (when the backup was created not by Agent for Hyper-V) into a new Hyper-V virtual machine by Agent for Hyper-V always produces the Gen 1 version of virtual machine.
- [ABR-115430] A "backup is missing for X days" alert is activated even if the backup plan is not scheduled, but has this alert option enabled in its settings.
- [ABR-104081] A VM replication plan may fail due to network disconnects between source and target ESXi hosts even if the "Error handling" option is enabled.
- [ABR-100551] Backup of a Linux virtual machine running on Hyper-V 2019 always fails over to crash-consistent snapshots, due to a Microsoft limitation (inability to create production checkpoints for Linux virtual machines).
- [ABR-95961] A backup task periodically fails on snapshot creation for some Virtuozzo containers after some time on a host with a high load.
- [ABR-85645] Backup of a virtual machine with Active Directory may complete with warning "MFT bitmap is corrupted."
- [ABR-138058] Sending backup notifications is turned off after disabling and then returning back the Cyber Protection role to a user.
- [ABR-137174] The Overview page does not support screen resolution of 1024 pixels or less in width.
- [ABR-136810] An unclear error is shown if a destination tenant was not found while moving a tenant.
- [ABR-136694] The "Bad request" message appears if a large number is specified for the Storage quota.
- [ABR-137537] Turning off the administrator role for a user does not turn off all notification settings.
- [ABR-203902] The error message "The number of registered and deleted storage registrations exceeds 50" is shown during storage re-registration.
- [ABR-203243] Logout is done correctly while a user is logged in via a branded URL; however, logout is not done for a non-branded URL.
- [ABR-173628] (Aсtive Directory Connector) Mapping is not saved when one or more Distinguished Names (DNs) are invalid.
- [ABR-159085] A broken page is shown after login to the Backup app for Android.
- [ABR-131711] Lack of salutation text in the "Quota exceeded" email notification.
- [PLTFRM-4] It is possible to create a tenant with the name having only spaces.
- [PLTFRM-2335][PLTFRM-19133] The Audit log is not loaded after drill-down to a child tenant in certain circumstances.
- [PLTFRM-20333] A Hyper-V host may consume two "Server" licenses, in cases when it is backed up as a physical machine and there are also VMs or Microsoft applications running on this host and which are backed up by other types of backup agents.
- [PLTFRM-20414] Compute points usage from the original edition is not displayed for a customer in the report after the edition switch and tenant move, for example, when the edition is switched from Standard to Disaster Recovery.
- [PLTFRM-2340] The "Tenant was moved" audit event description shows tenant IDs instead of names.
- [PLTFRM-18229] Improve the error message for the RPC GetRedirect method, in case a customer has no storage.