Release notes for Acronis Cyber Cloud 9.0 Update 1
Release date: April 2020
With this update, the Acronis flagship cloud product offers enhancements and addresses the issues found in the previous releases.
The new release introduces the #CyberFit device protection score that incorporates the following assessments:
- Anti-malware software is installed.
- Backup software is installed.
- Firewall is available and enabled.
- VPN is enabled and running.
- Full disk encryption is enabled.
- NTLM is restricted for outgoing traffic.
For more details, refer to “CyberFit Score for machines” in the Cyber Protection User Guide.
Zoom, WebEx, and Microsoft Teams protection
- Protected by Acronis-powered self-defense: injections prevention, the "hosts" file protection, etc.
- Vulnerability assessment and patch management.
- The protection status in Acronis Cyber Protection Monitor.
For more details, refer to “Protection of collaboration and communication applications” in the Cyber Protection User Guide.
An administrator can wipe a Windows machine remotely from the Acronis Cyber Protection console.
For more details, refer to “Remote wipe” in the Cyber Protection User Guide.
New remote desktop capabilities
- The Microsoft RDP client for macOS is now supported.
For more details, refer to “Remote access (RDP and HTML5 clients)” in the Cyber Protection User Guide.
- Grant to an end-user the access to a corporate machine via the Acronis Cyber Protect remote desktop.
For more details, refer to “Sharing remote connection with end-users” in the Cyber Protection User Guide.
The database is extended with websites having disputed information about COVID-19.
For more details, refer to “URL filtering” in the Cyber Protection User Guide.
Smart protection plan
New Cyber Protection Operation Center (CPOC) alerts related to public health (e.g. COVID-19 news, viruses, potential outbreaks) are now added.
For more details, refer to “Threat feed” in the Cyber Protection User Guide.
Extended vulnerability assessment and patch management
Popular collaboration tools and VPN clients are included in the vulnerability assessment and patch management database.
For more details, refer to “Supported Microsoft and third-party products” in the Cyber Protection Use Guide.
Pre-defined protection plans for remote workers
New pre-defined protection plans are optimized specifically for remote workers and office workers.
For more details, refer to “Default protection plans” in the Cyber Protection User Guide.
Control the Acronis Cyber Protection console by using your voice (preview)
The Acronis Cyber Protection console now recognizes voice commands for the most frequently used operations.
For more details, refer to “Voice control for operations in the console” in the Cyber Protection User Guide.
Usability and user interface improvements
- A new guided tour through the management portal and the Acronis Cyber Protection console is added to simplify client onboarding.
- The protection plan modules that are not applicable to a device are smartly excluded.
- The agent installation became more clear - every step is indicated.
- Creation of new partners and customers became more intuitive with the ability to compare the Acronis Cyber Protection editions and the selection dialog.
- Acronis Cyber Protection Monitor is now Acronis-branded.
Acronis Cyber Protection agent
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Windows (v. 12.5.22390)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Mac (v. 12.5.22390)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Linux (v. 12.5.22390)
See the separate Acronis Cyber Protection agent release notes here.
This section describes issues that have been fixed in this update.
Acronis Cyber Protection
- [ADP-7448] Incorrect terms in the vulnerability assessment and patch management part of a protection plan.
- [AMP-2078] The anti-malware protection process did not stop properly while the system shutdown causing recent log disappears.
- [ABR-266784] The wrong message and link to the knowledge base are displayed when trying to install the Acronis Cyber Protection agent on a machine where Acronis True Image is installed.
- [ABR-262486] The incorrect name of the Acronis Cyber Protection web installer is shown in the User Account Control (UAC) dialog during the installation.
- [ABR-266573] The agent registration failed because previous registration traces were not removed completely.
- [ABR-267109] The web installer downloads files slowly in certain circumstances.
- [ABR-267974] The buttons on agent registration error message window are cropped if the message text is too long.
- [ABR-266562] The "Back" button is disabled in the Acronis Cyber Protection agent web installer if Acronis True Image is installed on the same machine.
- [ABR-267652] No clear error message when opening a link to register a machine as a partner administrator.
Backup and recovery
- [ABR-266706] The clean-up rule "Maximum number of backups" does not allow to set more than 100 slices.
- [ABR-266996] The agent fails to browse recovery points after the update, the "Failed to get upstream token provider" error is displayed.
- [ABR-233372] The incorrect error message "Quota exceeded" is displayed if a cloud backup is not enabled for a customer tenant.
- [ABR-266569] The link to the "Plans" tab is visible in the Standard edition.
- [ABR-267178] An unclear error message when a backup failed due to an unplanned system restart.
- [ABR-267238] An incorrect status is shown in Acronis Cyber Protection Monitor: "Monitor failed" instead of "Backup failed".
- [ABR-267293] Email notifications about protection statuses disappeared for certain protection plans after the update to Acronis Cyber Cloud 9.0.
- [ABR-268084] The "Open management console" button is inactive in Acronis Cyber Protection Monitor for the agent 12.5.22210 for macOS.
- [PLTFRM-21250] No language is selected by default while creating a tenant or a user.
- [PLTFRM-21349] Offering items list is collapsed by default even if only one edition is available on a tenant level.
- [AUK-3656][PLTFRM-21356] The "White" branding color scheme was changed in comparison to Acronis Cyber Cloud 8.0.
- [PLTFRM-21398] The password manager is failing to pre-fill login and password in the "Login" field.
- [CI-6538] The ConnectWise Manage integration: the "Integrations" tab is not available for read-only administrators.
- [CI-6539] The Autotask PSA integration: The "Integration" tab is not available for read-only administrators.
- [CI-6536] The ConnectWise Manage integration: quotas are zeroed even if product mapping wasn't initialized.
- [CI-6537] The Autotask PSA integration: quotas are zeroed even if service mapping wasn't initialized.
Known issues and limitations
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
Acronis Cyber Protection
- [PLTFRM-18969] It is not possible to protect Microsoft SQL on a machine with a workstation operating system, in the case Agent for Hyper-V is also installed among local agents.
- [ABR-255521] The number of total runs and successful runs is zero for the Microsoft Office 365 resources.
- [ABR-240431] It is possible to apply an existing protection plan with the "Cloud" backup destination, even if the cloud storage quota was exceeded for a tenant. The plan will fail upon execution.
- [ABR-239197] The protection plan with the enabled Physical Data Shipping option cannot be run if the "Local backup" offering item is disabled for a tenant.
- [ABR-228827] If some backup is removed via the Data Recovery (Web Restore) console, this change is not reflected in the service console while browsing the backup location, until the service console is refreshed.
- [ABR-196710] The backup location on the network share usage is duplicated in the case when there is a different network share with the same name registered as a backup location (shares rotation scenario).
- [ABR-189620] The "Activities summary" widget shows activities out of the defined date "Range" scope (excessive activities may be shown).
- [ABR-184900] Local backup usage is not reported for backups stored on a network share with enabled deduplication.
- [ABR-183764] Local backup usage is not updated for all virtual machine backups after deleting and re-adding a network location.
- [ABR-182313] Local backup usage size is duplicated after reconnecting a locally attached storage (LAS) to a new Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance).
- [ABR-178648] The installer does not remove/update old libraries if the previous update was interrupted.
- [ABR-154655] The protection plan may have the "Backup succeeded" status, even if this plan is completed with warnings. Alerts and activities still show the proper status of the plan.
- [ABR-133689] Acronis MMS fails to start on the latest version of CentOS 7 that uses the 3.10.0-514.21.2.el7.x86_64 kernel version, due to the specific kernel bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1463241.
- [ABR-113452] If a machine was re-registered under a different account without revoking the existing protection plan from it, this plan may still continue to run unexpectedly.
- [ABR-106790] The service console is not shown properly on mobile devices.
- [ABR-252829] Sorting by status is inconsistent and mixes the results in an unpredicted way.
- [ABR-134234] For a folder that is a junction of another folder, any changes made to the contents of the original data (linked to this junction folder) are not backed up. The problem is not reproduced only when using the backup format v12.
- [ABR-115270] The "[All Profiles Folder]" template in a file level backup does not support a custom profile path.
- [ABR-87244] File-level recovery from a disk/volume backup of NTFS volumes with the enabled native deduplication does not work.
- [ABR-190404] It is not possible to recover from the Large Scale Recovery backup produced by the "LSR" tool if the backup is split into multiple separate files (multi-volume).
- [ABR-183082] Recovery of a Linux machine having some volumes with the XFS file system completes with the "Failed to process the boot loader configuration." warning. The machine is bootable despite the warning.
- [ABR-158677] "Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection" NIC is not properly recognized by Windows 10 after recovery of an image to a VMware Workstation virtual machine by using the bootable media.
- [ABR-129075] When browsing a folder in a backup during the file-level recovery via the service console, some child folders may not appear in the list after sorting by type if the folder contains many elements. To show all items of the folders, you need to scroll down in order to load the entire content of a parent folder and perform sorting only after that.
- [ABR-127666] Files/folders may still be available for a recovery from backups saved in the cloud, even if these files/folders were removed from a source device and the backups that contain these files were already cleaned up during retention.
- [ABR-221210] An application-aware agent-less VM backup fails with the "Internal error: Failed to find file 'C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\AcronisGuestService\output.xml'" error, due to a false positive detection of the Acronis "app_detect.exe" binary as "SONAR.Susplnject!gen5" malware by Norton Security Deluxe and/or Symantec Endpoint Protection antiviruses installed inside the virtual machine.
- [ABR-162925] Application items (databases and/or mailboxes) cannot be recovered from the application-aware entire machine backup if the databases are located on mount points (the database path is redirected to another location).
- [ABR-74984] The "Next backup" time is not displayed for a machine that has only application-level protection plans applied to it.
- [ABR-207057] The Bulgarian language is missing in the "Recovery HD" menu (bootable media for Mac), due to a lack of support of the Bulgarian language in macOS.
- [ABR-141823] There are incorrect backup items in a protection plan after updating Mac OS X to 10.13 High Sierra with conversion from HFS+ to APFS (some backup items are missing).
- [ABR-137886] Backing up Mac with Apple RAID configured fails with the "No volumes were found when processing the 'Fixed Volumes' template" error. Apple RAIDs are not supported.
- [ABR-242166] An application-aware backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine may fail when executing the WMI query, with the "WMI 'ExecQuery' failed executing query." or "Failed to create a new process via WMI" errors, when the backup is performed on a host under a high load, due to no response from WMI.
- [ABR-235983] A protection plan using policy rules such as "/dev/sdaX" or "/sdaX" applied to a VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine fails with the "Nothing to back up. The operation has been terminated." error, when performed by Agent for VMware/Hyper-V.
- [ABR-234935] There are duplicated activities in the Activities summary, after the backup of a virtual machine running on a Hyper-V cluster.
- [ABR-234935] An incorrect number of Total runs/Number of successful runs for a Hyper-V cluster is shown on the Operations tab.
- [ABR-234935] The number of email notifications is equal to the number of Hyper-V cluster nodes for one VM backup activity.
- [ABR-206940] Backing up a Hyper-V virtual machine located on a CSV volume may block moving this CSV volume to a different Hyper-V node, in some cases.
- [ABR-204800] Agent for VMware (Windows) installed on Windows Server 2019 cannot use the "Direct SAN Access" backup mode if it is connected to VMware vSphere version 6.7 and the datastore is connected via iSCSI.
- [ABR-192213] VMware virtual machines with an empty "vc.uuid" (InstanceUUID) vSphere property are not listed in the service console.
- [ABR-189882] Backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine fails if it contains an ampersand symbol in the names of its virtual disks.
- [ABR-173002] Run VM from a backup on a Hyper-V host fails, if the backup is located on the same volume as the path selected for the mounted VM disks.
- Solution: select a different volume for the mounted VM disks path. The space will be consumed only for changes generated inside the mounted VM and it will not occupy the entire size of the virtual disk.
- [ABR-137564] Cross-platform recoveries (when the backup was created not by Agent for Hyper-V) into a new Hyper-V virtual machine by Agent for Hyper-V always produces the Gen 1 version of virtual machine.
- [ABR-115430] A "backup is missing for X days" alert is activated even if the backup plan is not scheduled, but has this alert option enabled in its settings.
- [ABR-104081] A VM replication plan may fail due to network disconnects between source and target ESXi hosts even if the "Error handling" option is enabled.
- [ABR-100551] Backup of a Linux virtual machine running on Hyper-V 2019 always fails over to crash-consistent snapshots, due to a Microsoft limitation (inability to create production checkpoints for Linux virtual machines).
- [ABR-95961] A backup task periodically fails on snapshot creation for some Virtuozzo containers after some time on a host with a high load.
- [ABR-85645] Backup of a virtual machine with Active Directory may complete with warning "MFT bitmap is corrupted."
- [ABR-138058] Sending backup notifications is turned off after disabling and then returning back the Cyber Protection role to a user.
- [ABR-137174] The Overview page does not support screen resolution of 1024 pixels or less in width.
- [ABR-136810] An unclear error is shown if a destination tenant was not found while moving a tenant.
- [ABR-136694] The "Bad request" message appears if a large number is specified for the Storage quota.
- [ABR-137537] Turning off the administrator role for a user does not turn off all notification settings.
- [ABR-203902] The error message "The number of registered and deleted storage registrations exceeds 50" is shown during storage re-registration.
- [ABR-203243] Logout is done correctly while a user is logged in via a branded URL; however, logout is not done for a non-branded URL.
- [ABR-173628] (Aсtive Directory Connector) Mapping is not saved when one or more Distinguished Names (DNs) are invalid.
- [ABR-159085] A broken page is shown after login to the Backup app for Android.
- [ABR-131711] Lack of salutation text in the "Quota exceeded" email notification.
- [PLTFRM-4] It is possible to create a tenant with the name having only spaces.
- [PLTFRM-2335][PLTFRM-19133] The Audit log is not loaded after drill-down to a child tenant in certain circumstances.
- [PLTFRM-20333] A Hyper-V host may consume two "Server" licenses, in cases when it is backed up as a physical machine and there are also VMs or Microsoft applications running on this host and which are backed up by other types of backup agents.
- [PLTFRM-20414] Compute points usage from the original edition is not displayed for a customer in the report after the edition switch and tenant move, for example, when the edition is switched from Standard to Disaster Recovery.
- [PLTFRM-2340] The "Tenant was moved" audit event description shows tenant IDs instead of names.
- [PLTFRM-18229] Improve the error message for the RPC GetRedirect method, in case a customer has no storage.