Release notes for Acronis Cyber Cloud 8.0
Release date: October 10, 2019
With this update, the Acronis flagship cloud product offers enhancements and addresses the issues found in the previous releases.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA) support
Acronis Cyber Cloud now supports TOTP-based 2FA adding an extra level of security for partner and customer tenants.
- An administrator can enable 2FA within a tenant. After that all users of the tenant will need to configure 2FA during the next login.
- 2FA application progress is conveniently displayed within a tenant (e.g. the number of users who have configured 2FA and those who have not).
- Advanced legal terms acceptance mechanism
New mechanism allows administrators and users to accept a new version of legal document as soon as the new version becomes available or the new functionality is enabled for a tenant.
This is applicable to
- Platform terms and conditions
- End-user license agreement
- Privacy statement
- New widgets in dashboards and reports
Quickly review the protection statuses of all your devices as well as storage utilization in your locations.
Simply add two new widgets to your dashboards and/or reports:
- Backup and Disaster Recovery service is now available in three editions:
- Standard edition
Provides the backup and recovery functionality that covers small environment needs. Includes all features from Acronis Cyber Cloud 7.9 and multiple new features added in 8.0.
- All accounts that existed before Acronis Cyber Cloud 8.0 release will get the Standard edition automatically.
- All accounts that had the Disaster Recovery functionality before Acronis Cyber Cloud 8.0 release will get the Standard edition with the Disaster Recovery offering items. There will be no automatic switch to the Disaster Recovery edition.
- Advanced edition
Provides the backup and recovery functionality designed for big environments. It is dedicated to protect advanced workloads such as Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL cluster, and provides group management and plan management. Includes all features from the Standard edition, plus a number of “Advanced” features. These additional features include those related to scalable management of larger infrastructures and support for additional workloads.
- Disaster Recovery edition
Provides the disaster recovery functionality along with the advanced backup and recovery functionality. It is designed for companies that have high requirements for the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and have needs in advanced backup and recovery functionality. Includes all features in the Advanced edition, plus all features of Acronis Disaster Recovery Cloud.
- Group management
Create static or dynamic groups of machines and apply backup plans to the groups, not to each machine manually.
- Backup plan management
The new Plans tab shows all of the backup plans created in the account and their details. You can create, edit, disable, enable, delete, start the execution, and inspect the execution status of a plan.
- Comments for protected devices
By adding comments to the machines, you can organize devices, add useful notes for your team, search for devices, and group them by keywords.
- New device statuses
Alerts now cover a wider range of events than just backup activity results. Events such as missed backups or ransomware threats appear as the new types of statuses for devices. These statuses are much more descriptive, so you can quickly understand what the problem is (instead of just “error” or “warning” notices).
- Acronis Startup Recovery Manager
Acronis Startup Recovery Manager is a bootable component that lives on the system disk in Windows, or on the /boot partition in Linux (where it is configured to start by pressing F11 at boot time). On Windows and Linux machines, activate the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager by using the backup console.
- Management of the default backup options
Change a default option value against the pre-defined one for some backup options. The new value will be used by default in all backup plans created after you initiate the change.
- Acronis Secure Zone management from the backup console
Create and delete Secure Zones on the protected machines without leaving the backup console. You can specify the Secure Zone size and enable password protection if needed. Secure Zone is a secure partition on a disk of the backed-up machine that is used to store these machine backups. It is a cost-effective and handy method for protecting backups from software malfunctions, virus attacks, or human errors. It enables quick recovery from the same disk where the backup resides – with no need for a separate media or network connection to recover the data.
- Backup window
The enhanced backup option Performance and backup window (formerly, Performance) allows you to set one of the three levels of the backup performance (high, low, prohibited) for every hour within a week. The high and low levels are configurable in terms of the process priority and output speed.
- Backup location defined by script
Store each machine's backups in a folder deﬁned by a script (for machines running Windows).
- Retention rule improvements: cleanup by backup size
Specify the maximum total size of backups to keep and when to start a cleanup procedure – before or after backups.
- Backup staging in up to five locations
You can specify up to five locations where backups are replicated and set up separate rules for each location: retention rules, backup job window, and conversion to VM settings.
- New backup option: Backup file name
This option can be used in the two main scenarios: To enforce the backup plan to continue backing up to the same backup or backup sequence – as opposed to starting a full backup from scratch. An alternative usage is to benefit from more user-friendly backup file names that you define manually.
- Option to save system information on a local disk or a network share if a recovery with reboot fails
Troubleshoot recovery tasks quickly by saving the log, system information, and crash-dump files to a specified folder. These files help technical support personnel to identify the problem faster.
- Manual disk mapping during a recovery
Re-map disks or volumes manually if you are dissatisfied with the disk-mapping result when performing a recovery or if the disk-mapping fails.
- Boot mode recovery option
Select the boot mode that Windows will use after a recovery: BIOS or UEFI. If the original machine’s boot mode is different from the selected boot mode, the software will initialize the restored disk in accordance with the selected option. Then, it will adjust the Windows operating system so that it can start using the selected boot mode.
- Application-aware backup for virtual machines on Hyper-V
The new application-aware backup of Hyper-V virtual machines by the Agent for Hyper-V improves backup and recovery of Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services running on Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Finalizing the virtual machine running from a backup on Hyper-V
While a virtual machine is running from a backup, the virtual disks' content is taken directly from that backup. Therefore, the machine will become inaccessible or even corrupted if the connection is lost to the backup location or to the backup agent. You have the option to make this machine permanent, i.e. recover all of its virtual disks along with the changes that occurred while the machine was running to the datastore that stores these changes. This process is named Finalization.
Now it is supported for both ESXi and Hyper-V.
- Manual virtual machine binding to Agent for VMware
Assign a specific Agent for VMware to manage a specific virtual machine – as opposed to the default automatic agent-machine assignment. Manual binding is handy in various scenarios, such as: if the Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance) has a locally attached storage, and you want to ensure a specific large virtual machine to be always backed up to this storage; or, if you have multiple ESXi hosts that are separated geographically.
- Cluster-aware backup of Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL Server
Enable backup and reliable recovery of clustered Microsoft application data, even in case of a database logical corruption or a cluster-wide disaster. Acronis Backup Cloud discovers and takes into account the structure of the cluster and tracks all data relocation to enable safe backups.
- Application-aware Oracle database backup
Acronis Backup Cloud now includes application-aware server-level and database-level backup and recovery for the Oracle database. It also offers integration with RMAN for restoration and ready-to-use RMAN scripts for more sophisticated scenarios.
- Microsoft Exchange backup at the mailbox level
Back up and recover specific mailboxes, without the need to back up the entire server or databases. This backup is done remotely, so there is no need to install the Exchange agent on the machine with the Exchange server.
- Microsoft Office 365 public folder backup
Configure backup and recovery of Microsoft Office 365 public folders data – in addition to many other types of items in Microsoft Office 365.
Support for new operating systems and environments
- Linux with enabled Secure Boot (SLES, SUSE, Ubuntu, Debian)
- Agent for Linux installation checks for enabled Secure Boot and prompts to sign 'snapapi' module with corresponding keys in MokManager.
- Linux kernels up to version 5.1 (glibc 2.3.4 or later required), including:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5, 7.6, 8.0 including Stratis
- Ubuntu 18.04, 18.10, 19.04
- Fedora 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
- Debian 9.3, 9.4, 9.5, 9.6
- CentOS 7.5, 7.6, 8.0
- Oracle Linux 7.5, 7.6
- CloudLinux 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5
- ClearOS 7.4
- Windows Server 2019 with Hyper-V role (by Agent for Hyper-V)
- Notarization option for files/folders backups
To automatically notarize all files selected for backup, simply enable the Notarization option when creating a backup plan. When configuring a recovery, the notarized files will be marked with a special icon so you can easily verify the file’s authenticity.
Disaster Recovery service
- Encrypted backup support to comply with data safety and security requirements
- Failover using encrypted backups is now supported.
- Added the new Credential Store feature to securely store and manage passwords for encrypted server backups and to use them with the Disaster Recovery service.
- The new Disaster Recovery section to reduce management overhead
- All disaster recovery controls are now conveniently located in the new "Disaster Recovery" section.
- To manage key functionality, separate tabs are added for server list, runbooks, and connectivity settings.
- Support of multiple networks
- Up to five local networks can now be extended to the Acronis Cloud Recovery Site by using the single site-to-site connection.
- Redesigned connectivity view.
- The new cloud-only deployment option without the VPN appliance for easy solution evaluation and adoption
- In this mode, local and cloud networks operate as two independent segments.
- The VPN appliance installation and site-to-site connection are now optional.
- The redesigned cloud server management UI, with improved cloud server status tracking and visibility
- The Machine status column is replaced with the new Status column, which is based on information from Alerts.
- The new State column is added to reflect the current cloud server state.
- The optional VM status column is added.
- VM status is also duplicated as a colored dot for the server icon.
- The Backup status column is replaced with the Last Recovery point column.
- Introduced an ability to define the recovery point threshold for each recovery server and track the RPO compliance.
- Various usability improvements based on customer feedback and research
- Improved onboarding, failover, and failback user experience.
- Improved exception handling for the Disaster Recovery service
- A reason is now displayed if a recovery point is not suitable for a failover or cloud server recovery.
- Improved error messages.
- Support of new operating systems and environments
- New supported operating systems: CentOS 7.6, Windows Server 2019.
- New supported virtualization environments: VMware vSphere 6.7, Windows Server 2019 with Hyper-V.
- Public page for data verification
Enable verification via a new public web page that allows users to verify files without utilizing the Acronis Notary Cloud UI.
Web page address
To access the page use this URL: https://<your_datacenter_name>-cloud.acronis.com/notary/verify
- Verify a file by using its hash
Verify a file by providing just its hash instead of uploading the file itself. This is especially useful for companies with strict compliance standards.
- Stay secure with limited access to file verification
A notarization certificate ID is now required for every verification.
ConnectWise Manage integration
- Acronis Cyber Cloud 8.0 support
- Simplified product mapping setup
Autotask PSA integration
- Acronis Cyber Cloud 8.0 support
- Autotask API v1.6 support
- Autotask PSA 2019.1 support
- Backup Agent for Windows (v. 12.5.14730)
- Backup Agent for Mac (v. 12.5.14730)
- Backup Agent for Linux (v. 12.5.14730)
See separate Acronis Cyber Cloud backup agent release notes here.
API change log
The API change log can be found here.
This section describes issues that have been fixed in this update.
- [ABR-228924] Some alerts are not cleaned up from the "Active alerts" widget in the management console even if these alerts are already dismissed.
- [PLTFRM-12587] A tenant is marked as Trial in a current usage report while it is currently in Production.
- [PLTFRM-13812] The API call for getting a report is out of time.
- [PLTFRM-9689] A web recovery redirects to the default Web Restore address instead of the address set up in the storage settings.
- [PLTFRM-6803] Loading of the Audit log for a large tenant may fail in certain circumstances.
- [PLTFRM-10487] Cannot turn on the fc_seats offering item because the Files Cloud storage is not available.
- [PLTFRM-11979] Cloud storage usage is not updated after a successful backup if there are any resources with the instance_id "none".
- [PLTFRM-12123] Usage report shows an extremely high value due to the incorrect 'measurement_unit' value.
- [PLTFRM-4153] It is possible to move a tenant to a disabled hierarchy.
- [PLTFRM-1971] The "Configure" tab shows all of the services (including the disabled ones) for the Read-Only administrators.
- [PLTFRM-9716] The incorrect cloud storage usage numbers are displayed after the storage migration in certain circumstances.
- [PLTFRM-5315] The "Download API client" button does not work in the RAML console.
- [ABR-241861] Sorting of resources in the "Devices" list is case-sensitive while it should not be.
- [ABR-234129] A backup plan cannot be revoked from a dynamic group when managing it from the "Devices" tab, but it can be revoked from the "Plans" tab.
- [ABR-231890] The alert about the exceeded cloud storage quota is not raised in all of the cases where it should be.
- [ABR-230924] Browsing a network share fails when performed by Agent for Linux or bootable media, if the password contains a comma symbol.
- [ABR-227654] Search in the backup console returns empty and/or garbled results when performed via Internet Explorer version 11.
- [ABR-222746] Browsing of a network share with the enabled SMB encryption fails when it is performed from the Acronis bootable media environment.
- [ABR-222703] Acronis MMS service may crash and generate core dumps on the specific Linux distributions after installation of Agent for Linux.
- [ABR-222678] The "Backup plan" column in the Devices list may be empty right after backup plan creation until refresh.
- [ABR-222175] The "Backup status is unknown" alert is raised in more cases than it should be and cannot be properly acknowledged.
- [ABR-221154] The "No successful backups for X days" alert may be raised sooner than it should be, even after a successful backup.
- [ABR-220673] Backup storage usage is not calculated properly (not shown in the management console) for Microsoft Office 365 mailbox backups performed by Agent for Office 365 when the backups are stored locally.
- [ABR-219009] Login to the Web Restore panel may fail with the "504 Gateway Time-out" error in some cases.
- [ABR-217457] The mms.log is spammed every 1 minute with "Error 0xfff0: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted" if the machine is added to the domain, while "Acronis Managed Machine Service" (MMS) service is running under the local user account.
- [ABR-205839] E-mail notifications from the backup service are not re-sent upon first sending attempt failure if the Acronis centralized mailing service was temporarily unavailable.
- [ABR-202625] When browsing an encrypted archive via Windows Explorer, the password for the archive is prompted only once. No prompt for password when an archive is closed and re-opened via Windows Explorer.
- [ABR-197815] Backups saved to Acronis Cloud do not always get shrinked (sparsed) automatically to reduce their space consumption after applying the retention rules when the backup format v11 is used.
- [ABR-196599] The product asks for the password for all password protected backups when refreshing recovery points only for one VM (after reinstalling the product).
- [ABR-190090] The backup agent continues to create backups even if an end-user quota defined on a partner level is exceeded.
- [ABR-172975] A user cannot add the "website backup" feature in the partner portal if the "company admin" role is enabled for this user.
- [ABR-171948] Backups to local storage are not possible in some cases even if this feature is enabled in the management console.
- [ABR-168235] The "Download API client" button does not work in RAML API documentation.
- [ABR-163210] A physical machine with CloudLinux 7.4 running Agent for Linux is detected as "A virtual machine with agent inside" instead of "Physical machine".
- [ABR-161538] After recovery of a system disk from a password-protected archive, there are failed "Refreshing recovery points" activity and "Activity 'Refreshing recovery points' failed" alert generated.
- [ABR-148628] Scheduled backup plans continue to run after re-registration of the backup agent under a different tenant (the old plans must be revoked automatically).
- [ABR-139917] The "Server" quota is not released automatically after revoking of the backup plan applied to a Hyper-V physical host itself (not to VMs) if this host has both Agent for Hyper-V and Agent for Windows installed.
- [ABR-138024] Browsing a network share by Agent for Linux may fail if the share contains some special symbols in its path (for example '#').
- [ABR-136755] Opening the backup console via Backup Monitor (tray icon) does not redirect to a new URL if the web console re-branding was used (https://kb.acronis.com/content/58275).
- [ABR-133758] Re-registration of a device (machine) under a different end-user account works incorrectly if this machine wasn't deleted from the old previously used account before.
- [ABR-129198] The website backup option is missing when the backup console is accessed by a partner administrator account.
- [ABR-113267] Deletion of a non-existing recovery point in a backup archive completes without any messages and nothing happens.
- [ABR-113215] The "Bytes processed" and "Bytes saved" statistics may be not shown for some activities.
- [ABR-235935] Recovery may hang on "Fixing virtual machine bootability" at 0% when the file system journal on the backed up volumes is too large.
- [ABR-231902] Recovery of volumes of an Ubuntu GPT-based system, performed via the bootable media may initialize the target disks as MBR and thus lead to a system not able to boot.
- [ABR-222203] Entire system recovery of an Ubuntu x64 system hosted on Azure back to the original machine fails during the reboot and leads to a system not able to boot.
- [ABR-215285] Recovery of files/folders from a backup stored in Acronis Cloud may fail with "The operation is not supported" when performed from the Acronis bootable media environment.
- [ABR-212285] If a backup was captured by Agent for Windows from a Windows machine which contains LDM volumes, then recovery (X2V) from this backup performed by Agent for VMware/Hyper-V (agent-less) may fail with the "Failed to copy the volume." error.
- [ABR-198181] The backup progress is improperly reported for Cloud-to-Cloud backups of a big set of SharePoint items (10000+).
- [ABR-160770] A files/folders recovery from a disk/volume archive is slower than a recovery from files/folders archive in the same backup location.
- [ABR-160382] A recovery activity may hang on 40-60% in the web console interface when performed by bootable media registered on the management server. Recovery still succeeds.
- [ABR-140384] A recovery activity may hang the web console interface if it was interrupted in the middle (for example, by resetting the machine being restored).
- [ABR-237039] A Cloud-to-Cloud backup of Office 365 mailboxes may sporadically fail with the "A backup agent error: 'Put http://....: net/http: request canceled (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)'" error.
- [ABR-230668] Office 365: only first 300 SharePoint site collections are listed in the backup console after the initial discovery.
- [ABR-229797] The backup of an Exchange DAG instance may randomly fail with the "The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file" Windows-specific error.
- [ABR-228779] A Cloud-to-Cloud backup of Gmail may fail with the "Cannot read data from the backup file: 'googleapi: Error 400: Invalid field selection id, invalidParameter'" error in some cases related to specifics of created events in Google Calendar.
- [ABR-228445] A Cloud-to-Cloud backup of Office 365 mailboxes may sporadically fail with the "net/http: HTTP/1.x transport connection broken: malformed HTTP status code" error.
- [ABR-228267] A Cloud-to-Cloud backup of Office 365 mailboxes may fail with the "Cannot back up the primary mailbox of an Office 365 user: 'error while reading SOAP response'" error due to a malformed XML1.0 response from Microsoft API.
- [ABR-227054] A Cloud-to-Cloud backup of SharePoint site may fail with the "The changeToken refers to a time before the start of the current change log. (200 in getChanges)." error in some cases.
- [ABR-226054] A Cloud-to-Cloud backup of SharePoint site may complete with the "Failed to change the handle of Item/Add" warning in some cases.
- [ABR-225902] An incremental Cloud-to-Cloud backup of SharePoint site may complete with the "Failed to process change event Item/Rename." or "Failed to process change event Item/Add." warnings if an item was added/renamed and then moved to a new folder.
- [ABR-225186] A Cloud-to-Cloud backup of SharePoint site may complete with the "Cannot get the usage information of '[URL]'" warning message in some cases.
- [ABR-221208] The "Cannot connect to site 'SPO root'" warning may be improperly shown during the discovery of resources for a Microsoft Office 365 account.
- [ABR-219577] If the "Maximum Shadow Copy Storage space" limit is configured in the VSS settings, then this limit becomes "UNBOUNDED (100%)" after the backup of an Exchange database.
- [ABR-217291] The "No successful backup for more than X days" alert may improperly appear for the Exchange databases even if all backups were successful recently.
- [ABR-200532] If an SQL instance contains more than 1000 databases, then only first 1000 databases are loaded and shown in the backup console.
- [ABR-193871] Unable to back up the same Exchange DAG database on two nodes simultaneously, the backup fails on one of the nodes.
- [ABR-163084] It is impossible to manage backup plans applied to an SQL database instance if this instance has been physically removed.
- [ABR-156825] E-mail notifications are not properly sent for Office 365 Cloud-To-Cloud backup events.
- [ABR-117764] The "Database owner" property is not preserved after the recovery of an SQL database.
- [ABR-160705] There is no "Remove all logs and configuration settings" option when running uninstallation of Agent for Mac.
- [ABR-146865] The backup to SMB shares fails with the "Input/output" error after temporary network dropout even if the "Error handling" backup option is enabled (re-attempts do not work).
- [ABR-237080] VMware shared datastores are not available for a selection as a target storage when configuring the VM replication/recovery/Run VM from a backup via the backup console GUI.
- [ABR-234238] Service_process.exe may crash while performing a VM replication operation in unstable network environments.
- [ABR-233514] Running a virtual machine from a backup may fail with "Error code: 7 'Disk is not found." in some cases.
- [ABR-233109] The backup of a ESXi host configuration to a location which contains spaces in its name fails with the "The archive is invalid or its type is unsupported" error.
- [ABR-229324] The incorrect "Failed to register bootable media in service "https://cloud.acronis.com"" error is shown when trying to register Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance) using the local console.
- [ABR-228965] VMware ESXi VMs are not displayed in the Devices list, if these VMs have a specific text used in "Annotations" (starts with '<' symbol).
- [ABR-197411] Virtual disk changes from the "Thin provisioning" to "Thick provisioning" mode after VM replication when the source VM disks are located on the NFS-backed datastore.
- [ABR-194557] A Hyper-V VM backup produces the following warning - "Changed Block Tracking (CBT) is not used because there are disk files that do not belong to any disk snapshot." - if there is a tree of Hyper-V VM checkpoints which includes two or more sibling checkpoints with no common parent.
- [ABR-190721] The "The virtual machine may be backed up without using Changed Block Tracking (CBT) because the machine has snapshots." warning is shown after a backup in more cases than it should.
- [ABR-173514] A backup of a Hyper-V VM which contains shared VHDX disks may produce inconsistent backups.
- [ABR-173114] A backup of a Hyper-V VM may end with the "error 0x1403f4: WMI 'ExecQuery' failed for query '%ls'." warning in some cases when a Hyper-V host is under high load due to WMI unresponsiveness.
- [ABR-169993] A backup of VMware VMs may fail with the "GXT: The item provider has skipped the report of an item with key '('[UUID]','mms::vm::datastore')'" error if there are VMs present in the vSphere infrastructure which have references (connected ISO images or virtual disks) to the inactive or previously deleted datastore in their configuration.
- [ABR-156272] An application-aware backup of a VMware or Hyper-V VM fails after VM migration within the hypervisor cluster, when it becomes managed by a different Agent for VMware/Hyper-V due to a loss of credentials required to access the applications inside the guest OS of the VM.
- [ABR-152605] Presence of a broken/invalid datastore in the VMware vSphere infrastructure makes Agent for VMware fail to list VMs and other types of vSphere objects in the backup console in some cases.
- [ABR-146975] In some cases when backing up multiple VMs simultaneously (>5) by a single backup agent, the backup plan hangs on 97-100%.
- [ABR-140557] Recovery of a EFI-based Hyper-V VM backup into a new VM may cause specific EFI boot entries to be missing in the VM configuration thus causing system unable to boot.
- [ABR-128222] A backup of VMware vCenter Virtual Appliance VM by Agent for VMware may complete with warnings due to temporary loss of connection to vCenter caused by its snapshot on the VMware level.
- [ABR-113660] It is possible to apply a backup plan to a VM running Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance) while it should not. Such plan fails with the "Cannot find GXT item type 'mms::disk::disk'." error.
- [ABR-111466] The Hyper-V VM status becomes "Not protected" in the backup console after migration of this VM between nodes of the Hyper-V cluster.
Disaster Recovery service
- [DRAAS-18290] The point-to-site configuration file cannot be downloaded after the upgrade.
- [DRAAS-18267] The actions "Recovery" and "Run as VM" are incorrectly shown for primary server backups on the Backups tab.
- [DRAAS-18266] During the recovery server creation, the quota error message is not translated.
- [DRAAS-18261] An error description is not translated for some alerts in the daily recap emails.
- [DRAAS-18255] A failover generates an incorrect error in case a wrong password was saved in the credentials store.
- [DRAAS-18253] The backup name is empty on the failback confirmation page.
- [DRAAS-18218] The chrome browser "autofill" feature is not compatible with the credentials store.
- [DRAAS-18144] A primary server archive name is UUID instead of a human-readable name.
- [DRAAS-18052] The recovery server based on Windows Server 2008 displays the message "Windows needs to install driver software for your Base System Device" on boot after failover.
- [DRAAS-17774] The recovery server based on Windows Server 2008 R2 always boots in the Safe mode.
- [DRAAS-17597] The recovery server based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS does not obtain the IP address by DHCP.
- [DRAAS-17527] Changing the test IP address in the test failover mode switches the recovery server to the production network.
- [DRAAS-17284] UUID of the primary server is shown in the alert description instead of a human-readable name.
- [DRAAS-16909] The backup of a cloud server sometimes fails with the "Admin token is empty" error message.
- [DRAAS-16906] Registration of the VPN appliance does not fail if a non-existing user is specified.
- [DRAAS-15550] A virtual machine is powered off after 3 months in the test failover state.
- [DRAAS-15381] Alerts for failed backups of cloud servers are not raised.
- [DRAAS-14241] A VPN tunnel may fail after the VPN appliance network configuration is changed.
- [ABR-220662] Cloud server’s activity "Adding new recovery point" sometimes fails.
- [ABR-205870] Compute points are not counted after a billing period reset.
- [AN-1573] Opening notarization certificate in the "pending" state leads to the 404 page instead of the "Certificate is pending" page.
Known issues and limitations
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 support has been discontinued.
- [ABR-138058] Backup notifications stop sending after de-provisioning and re-provisioning of the "Backup & Disaster Recovery" role to a user.
- [ABR-137174] The Overview page layout looks garbled for a screen resolution of 1024 pixels (width) or less.
- [PLTFRM-4] It is possible to create a tenant with only spaces in the name.
- [ABR-136810] Unclear error is shown if a destination tenant was not found while moving a tenant.
- [ABR-136694] The "Bad request" message appears if a large number is specified as the Storage quota.
- [ABR-137537] Turning off administrator role for a user does not turn off all notification settings.
- [ABR-203902] Error message "The number of registered and deleted storage registrations exceeds 50" issued during storage re-registration.
- [ABR-203243] Log out is done correctly while user is logged in via branded URL, however log out is not done for non-branded URL.
- [ABR-196088] Partially uploaded Physical Data Shipping archive cannot be opened.
- [ABR-173628] (ADConnector) Mapping not saved when one or more DNS-es are invalid.
- [ABR-159085] Excess page is shown after signing in (Backup app for Android).
- [ABR-131711] Lack of salutation text in "quota exceed" email notification.
- [PLTFRM-2335] The Audit log is not loaded after drill-down to a child tenant in certain circumstances.
- [PLTFRM-1686] A SharePoint site backup sometimes may fail with an error during the datacenter update.
- [ABR-134234] For a folder that is a junction of another folder, any changes made to the contents of the original data (linked to this junction folder) are not backed up. The problem is not reproduced only when using the backup format v12.
- [ABR-115270] "[All Profiles Folder]" template in file level backup does not support custom profile path.
- [ABR-87244] File level recovery from a disk/volume backup of NTFS volumes with the enabled native deduplication does not work.
- [ABR-190404] It is not possible to recover from Large Scale Recovery archive produced by "LSR" tool if this archive is split into multiple separate files (multi-volume).
- [ABR-183082] Recovery of a Linux machine with some volumes with XFS file system on it completes with "Failed to process the boot loader configuration." warning. The machine is bootable despite the warning.
- [ABR-158677] "Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection" NIC is not properly recognized by Windows 10 after recovery of image to a VMware Workstation VM using the bootable media.
- [ABR-129075] When browsing a folder in archive during the file-level recovery via the backup console, some child folders may not appear in the list after sorting by type if the folder contains lots of elements. To show all of the folders, one needs to scroll down in order to load an entire parent folder content and perform sorting only after that.
- [ABR-127666] Files/folders may still be available for a recovery from backups saved in Acronis Cloud even if these files/folders were removed from a source device and the backups which contain these files are already cleaned up during retention.
- [ABR-221210] An application-aware agent-less VM backup fails with the "Internal error: Failed to find file 'C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\AcronisGuestService\output.xml'" error due to a false positive detection of Acronis "app_detect.exe" binary as "SONAR.Susplnject!gen5" malware by Norton Security Deluxe and/or Symantec Endpoint Protection antiviruses installed inside the VM.
- [ABR-162925] Application items (databases and/or mailboxes) cannot be recovered from application-aware entire machine backup if the databases are located on mount points (DB path is redirected to another location).
- [ABR-74984] "Next backup" time is not displayed for machine which has only application-level backup plans applied to it.
- [ABR-223520] It is possible to apply an existing backup plan with unsupported options, such as the schedule with the enabled "Do not start when connected to the following Wi-Fi networks" option, to Agents for Mac without warnings.
- [ABR-207057] The Bulgarian language is missing in the "Recovery HD" menu (bootable media for Mac) due to a lack of support for a Bulgarian language in MacOS.
- [ABR-141823] Incorrect backup items in a backup plan after updating Mac OS X to 10.13 High Sierra with conversion from HFS+ to APFS (some backup items are missing).
- [ABR-137886] Backing up Mac with Apple RAID configured fails with "No volumes were found when processing the 'Fixed Volumes' template." Apple RAIDs are not supported.
- [ABR-242166] An application-aware backup of a Hyper-V VM may fail on execution of the WMI query with the "WMI 'ExecQuery' failed executing query." or "Failed to create a new process via WMI" errors when the backup is performed on the host under a high load due to WMI unresponsiveness.
- [ABR-235983] A backup plan using the policy rules such as "/dev/sdaX" or "/sdaX" applied to a VMware or Hyper-V VM fails with the "Nothing to back up. The operation has been terminated." error when performed by Agent for VMware/Hyper-V.
- [ABR-234935] Duplicated activities in Activities Summary after the backup of a VM running on a Hyper-V cluster.
- [ABR-234935] Incorrect number of Total Runs/Number of successful runs for a Hyper-V cluster on the Operations tab.
- [ABR-234935] The number of email notifications equals to the number of Hyper-V cluster nodes for one VM backup activity.
- [ABR-206940] Backing up a Hyper-V VM located on CSV volume may block moving this CSV volume to different Hyper-V node in some cases.
- [ABR-204800] Agent for VMware (Windows) installed on Windows Server 2019 cannot use the "Direct SAN Access" backup mode if connected to VMware vSphere version 6.7 and the datastore is connected via iSCSI.
- [ABR-192213] VMware VMs with empty "vc.uuid" (InstanceUUID) vSphere property are not listed in the backup console.
- [ABR-189882] Backup of a Hyper-V VM fails if this VM contains ampersand symbol in the names of any of its virtual disks.
- [ABR-137564] Cross-platform recoveries (when backup was created not by Agent for Hyper-V) into new Hyper-V VM by Agent for Hyper-V always produces Gen 1 version of VM.
- [ABR-115430] Missing backup alert is activated even if backup is not scheduled.
- [ABR-104081] Replication plan for VM from one ESX host to another ESX host fails while the "Error handling" option is enabled.
- [ABR-100551] Backup of a Linux VM running on Hyper-V 2019 always fails over to crash-consistent snapshots due to Microsoft limitation (unable to create production checkpoints for Linux VMs).
- [ABR-95961] Backup task periodically fails on snapshot creation for some Virtuozzo containers after some time on host with under high load.
- [ABR-85645] Backup of a virtual machine with Active Directory completes with warning "MFT bitmap is corrupted."
Disaster Recovery service
- [DRAAS-18280] “Backing up activity” is duplicated for cloud servers.
- [DRAAS-18859] The localized text is not properly formatted on the Connectivity tab.
- [DRAAS-18903] A recovery server can not be deleted in the "Ready for failback" state.
- [ABR-242947] The network interface is missing for a virtual machine failed back to VMware vSphere 6.7 hypervisor.
- [DRAAS-18381] Deleting of a recovery server sometimes fails with UnknownError.
File Sync & Share
- [ASRV-6939] Sending acceptance of the privacy statement to the platform should be possible.
- [ASRV-6885] Old welcome screen shown for newly created User in case all Legal links are deleted in Branding of parent tenant.
- [ASRV-6826] Updating or setting legal branding is not applied to FC if a child tenant was created before branding was enabled for the parent partner (unless forced).
- The maximum file size for upload via web interface is 1 gigabyte.