Release notes for Acronis Cyber Cloud 7.9
Release date: April 8, 2019
With this update, the Acronis flagship cloud product offers enhancements and addresses the issues found in the previous releases.
- Acronis Cyber Cloud
Acronis Data Cloud has been renamed to Acronis Cyber Cloud to reinforce the focus on the five vectors of cyber protection – data safety, accessibility, privacy, security, and authenticity (SAPAS).
- G Suite backup
An easy to use, efficient, and secure cloud-to-cloud G Suite backup for Gmail, Drive, Contacts, and Calendar.
- Protect G Suite data from threats: defend your G Suite data from accidental deletion, retention policy gaps, and cyber threats.
- Ensure access to data, avoid downtime: drill down through backups quickly to recover individual files, emails, or other G Suite items in mere seconds.
- Stay compliant, avoid penalties: comply with legal or business requirements with secure off-site cloud storage and unlimited data retention.
- Cryptomining protection
Acronis Active Protection now detects potential cryptomining malware on endpoints and stops it, preserving resources and network traffic. Potentially unwanted software can also be blacklisted, preventing cyber attacks in advance.
- Other great improvements
- Support for RHEL 7.6, Fedora 25, 26, 27, 28
- Error messaging improvements
- Update and performance improvements for Plesk/cPanel
- Performance improvements in Office 365 and G Suite backups
- Usability improvements in Acronis Active Protections
ConnectWise Manage integration
- Support for the new G Suite backup offering items: GMail (incl. Calendar, Contacts), Google Drive, and G Suite Team Drive
Autotask PSA Manage integration
- Support for the new G Suite backup offering items: GMail (incl. Calendar, Contacts), Google Drive, and G Suite Team Drive
- Account Management Server (v. 4.0.1219)
- Management Console (v. 11.2.9544)
- Account Router (v. 2.0.88)
- Account Management Server RAML documentation (v. 7.9.154)
- Postie (v. 4.0.221)
- Statistics Server (v. 4.0.258)
- Account Data Control (v. 4.0.146)
- Reporting Service (v. 4.0.437)
- API Gateway (v. 8.30.462)
- Backup Agent for Windows (v. 12.5.12960)
- Backup Agent for Mac (v. 12.5.12960)
- Backup Agent for Linux (v. 12.5.12960)
- Backup Agent for Office 365 (v. 1.3.374)
- Backup Agent for G Suite (v. 1.3.141)
- Backup Management Server (AMS) (v. 188.8.131.5277)
- Backup Account Server (v. 8.30.496)
- Web Console Service (v. 12.0.3812)
- Backup Console (v. 12.0.8020)
- Archive Reader (v. 9.1.1240)
- Web Restore (v. 11.0.50320)
- Backup Vault Manager (v. 184.108.40.2066)
- Backup Scheduler (v. 220.127.116.11)
- Task Manager (v. 18.104.22.168)
- Notary Service (v. 7.9.767)
- Notary Console (v. 7.9.0)
- Notary Tree builder (v. 7.83.28)
ConnectWise Manage integration
- ConnectWise Manage integration (v. 3.3.394)
Autotask PSA Manage integration
- Autotask PSA Manage integration (v. 2.4.236)
This section describes issues that have been fixed in this update.
- [ABR-203515] Wrong text for the "Return shipping" check box.
- [ABR-201423] Cannot unregister the client in the account server.
- [ABR-217818] Login to the backup console is not successful for some of the new users of the EU1 data center.
- [ABR-210154] Quota acquisition is successful for disabled accounts.
- [ABR-201423] Cannot delete device: "Internal server error" message appears.
- [ABR-200362] Login may not be successful while reporting service overload.
- [ABR-214242] User account cannot be recreated on another datacenter after deletion.
- [ABR-218778] Wrong endpoint is mentioned in API RAML documentation.
- [ABR-217558] Files Sync & Share service's administrator console opens with "Internal server error" message.
- [ABR-217552] Partner-hosted cloud storage usage is not updated for a long time.
- [ABR-208266] Registration of Acronis Hybrid Infrastructure SPLA fails with "Client Registration Request Failed" message if its URL contains an underscore symbol.
- [ABR-211371] "wcsUnsupportedTenantKind" message is shown while trying to access the backup console for some customers.
- [ABR-204674] Accessing Web Recovery console from the backup console results in a redirect to different URLs in different browsers.
- [ABR-219919] Incorrect Files Sync & Share service's users count in the management portal.
- [ABR-192821] The setup program sends unexpected requests to "download.acronis.com".
- [ABR-190091] Backup agent does not renew partner storage path when storage "URI" was incorrectly set up in partner console. This causes backups to fail when destination is set to Cloud (partner-hosted storage).
- [ABR-121308] The "Upon time since last backup" schedule does not work.
- [ABR-195245] The 'Backup failed' alert is displayed after recovering entire machine via media.
- [ABR-201791] Backup of several mailboxes fails with error "403 Forbidden: failed to create item access denied".
- [ABR-210023] Infinite loading screen is shown when switching from Cloud-to-cloud Office 365 backup Version 1 to Version 2 section.
- [ABR-217305] Not-discovered resources are marked as removed only in case of success/warning discovery.
- [ABR-205734] Error message "504 Gateway Timeout: storage request timeout" appears randomly during Office 365 backup.
- [ABR-218887] Resource have the "Backup failed" status even if last backup completed successfully.
- [ABR-210281] Cloud-to-cloud backup v.2 consumes an extra quota after the backup plan was revoked - not possible to apply backup plan to a user again.
- [ABR-213120] Incorrect text error message is shown in backup plan when backup failed because of a exceeded storage quota.
- [ABR-215456] Backup of OneDrive fails with error message "A configuration error".
- [ABR-214720] [ABR-215010] [ABR-214736] Backup of mailboxes with enabled "Archive mailbox" option may be stuck at 3% (for North America Office 365 accounts).
- [ABR-201791] Backup of several mailboxes fails with error "403 Forbidden: failed to create item access denied" in certain circumstances.
- [ABR-201574] Warning message appears during discovery process "Unable to provision resource".
- [ABR-213706] Cloud-to-cloud backup v.2 fails with alert "External service error occurred" for certain accounts.
- [ABR-215538] OneDrive data backup for certain user account fails with error "Cannot back up the contents of''.
- [ABR-207237] SharePoint Online resources are not discovered by subsequent activities if sp_admin_site was not set during organization registration.
- [ABR-220242] Office 365 mailbox discovery finished with error "Failed to add a drive for user '<unknown>' to the resource manager."
- [ABR-208864] Cloud-to-cloud Office 365 backups do not run on schedule after certain time.
- [ABR-219950] Backup of certain SharePoint Online site fails with error "site is not found".
- [ABR-207181] Error message "storeItem failed" occurred during backup of SharePoint Online site with many sub-catalogs.
- [ABR-211956] Warning message 'Failed to change the handle of ....' occurred when trying to rename (or delete, or move) OneNote group to another group.
- [ABR-212830] Retries occurred when backing up files which are marked as "malicious" in SharePoint Online.
- [ABR-213146] Duplicate info (Name and Site Name) in table headers are shown by default when viewing "All groups".
- [ABR-212654] Warning "handle change item ADD failed" appeared when backing up certain SharePoint Online site.
- [ABR-208356] Warning "handle change item ADD failed" appeared when deleting files from document library during backup.
- [ABR-185302] "ESXi configuration" backup fails with "too many SQL variables" or "Command definition 'SELECT ...' not found." if there are a lot of VMs (>1000) on vCenter which manages the backed up ESXi host.
- [ABR-211531] Application-aware backup finishes with warning "BACKUP LOG cannot be performed because there is no current database backup." if there is a read-only SQL database.
- [ABR-208212] Backup of non-vss-snapshottable volume fails with "Windows Error:(0x80070032) The request is not supported" error message.
- [ABR-204439] Slow incremental backup of ESXi virtual machines.
- [ABR-217579] Not possible to change backup schedule from "On the system shutdown" to "Schedule by time" if the "Weekly full, Daily incremental" scheme is used.
- [ABR-219328] Not possible to choose an agent to browse backups if the agent has not created any backups yet.
- [ABR-209412] Recovery of Windows machine with Dynamic system disk (via bootable media) converts disk to GPT, machine becomes unbootable.
- [ABR-210866] Backup to cloud randomly fails with error "-400 (SSL protocol error) happened" on a bad network connection.
- [ABR-209323] Backup fails with error "Cannot create a backup of the specified type in archive 'xxx' because it contains backups of another type. A backup archive can contain backups of one type only."
- [ABR-210607] LVM partition is absent from backup after resizing.
- [ABR-217091] Backup of files from network share with the "Version 12" backup format fails with error: "Error occurred while backing up."
- [ABR-208701] Backup fails with "The operation has timed out." error while using agent v7.8 with default timeout of 15 minutes.
- [ABR-193540] Unclear error message logging and installation checks for Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) issues - WMI 'ExecQuery' failed.
- [ABR-207227] [ABR-208326] Hyper-V host going online and offline randomly due to a stalled agent.
- [ABR-203595] Incorrect error message is shown when running installer under user with no admin privileges: "Failed to open Service Control Manager on machine ''."
- [ABR-213627] Backup agent ver. 12210 may crash during backup of Virtuozzo container.
- [ABR-200589] Partition backup fails with error message "Internal error: record is greater than 32K" if all mount points concatenated exceed 32 kilobytes.
- [ABR-210411] Error when downloading file from a backup.
- [ABR-202463] A machine does not appear in the backup console after registration.
- [ABR-195245] "Backup failed" alert is displayed after recovering an entire machine via bootable media.
- [ABR-190091] Agent does not renew storage when storage URI is incorrect.
- [ABR-160741] Mounting of file backup using Windows Explorer fails with unclear error.
- [ABR-218711] Some customers are missing on the Operations dashboard.
- [ABR-216923] "Server for Windows" agent installer is not available for download if only virtual machines quota is available.
- [ABR-209563] Local Backup storage usage is incorrect in the Plesk dashboard.
- [ABR-210974] cPanel Failed to mount the recovery point.
- [ABR-219768] Backups browsed by users are not automatically unmounted from the cPanel server.
- [ABR-209940] WHM plugin error message in logs: "an error has occurred".
- [AAP-2081] Ransomware is not detected after machine reboot for agent of Acronis Backup Cloud 7.5 registered within Acronis Cyber Cloud 7.9.
- [AN-1573] Opening notarization certificate in "pending" state leads to 404 page instead of "Certificate is pending" page.
- [AN-1315] When drag and drop a file to the "Add file" area, the file opens up instead of upload start.
Known issues and limitations
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
- [ABR-138058] Backup notifications stop sending after de-provisioning and re-provisioning of the "Backup & Disaster Recovery" role to a user.
- [ABR-136386] A redirect to the branded URL happens after clicking "Manage accounts" button in Backup Console, administrator came from non-branded URL originally.
- [ABR-137822] The "Manage service" button on the Overview page does not redirect to the branded File Sync & Share address.
- [ABR-137174] The Overview page layout looks garbled for a screen resolution of 1024 pixels (width) or less.
- [ABR-137481] Email notifications that a quota is almost exceeded are not sent.
- [ABR-137456] It is possible to create a tenant with only spaces in the name.
- [ABR-136810] Unclear error is shown if a destination tenant was not found while moving a tenant.
- [ABR-136694] The "Bad request" message appears if a large number is specified as the Storage quota.
- [ABR-137537] Turning off administrator role for a user does not turn off all notification settings.
- [ABR-195166] Clients are not removed from mailing lists after trial expiration.
- [ABR-203902] Error message "The number of registered and deleted storage registrations exceeds 50" issued during storage re-registration.
- [ABR-203243] Log out is done correctly while user is logged in via branded URL, however log out is not done for non-branded URL.
- [ABR-196088] Partially uploaded Physical Data Shipping archive cannot be opened.
- [ABR-173628] (ADConnector) Mapping not saved when one or more DNS-es are invalid.
- [ABR-168235] "Download API client" button does not work in RAML API documentation.
- [ABR-163678] Agent certificate is not revoked after changing a storage assigned to a customer tenant.
- [ABR-159085] Excess page is shown after signing in (Backup app for Android).
- [ABR-131711] Lack of salutation text in "quota exceed" email notification.
- [ABR-196599] Product asks for the password for all password protected backups when refreshing recovery points only for one VM (after reinstalling the product).
- [ABR-190090] Backup agent continues to create backups even if end-user quota defined on partner level is exceeded.
- [ABR-189620] "Activities summary" widget shows activities out of defined date "Range" scope (excessive activities may be shown).
- [ABR-184900] Local backup usage is not reported for backups stored on a network share with enabled deduplication.
- [ABR-183764] Local backup usage is not updated for all virtual machine backups after deleting and re-adding a network location.
- [ABR-182313] Local backup usage size is duplicated after reconnecting a locally-attached storage (LAS) to a new Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance).
- [ABR-178648] Acronis Backup Cloud installer does not remove/update old libraries if the previous update was interrupted.
- [ABR-172975] User cannot add "website backup" feature in partner portal if "company admin" role is enabled for this user.
- [ABR-171948] Backups to local storage are not possible in some cases even if this feature is enabled in management console.
- [ABR-154655] Backup plan may have "Backup succeeded" status even if this plan completed with warnings. Alerts and activities still show proper status of the plan.
- [ABR-133758] Re-registration of a device (machine) under different end-user account works incorrectly if this machine wasn't deleted from the old previously used account before.
- [ABR-133689] Acronis MMS fails to start on the latest version of CentOS 7 which uses 3.10.0-514.21.2.el7.x86_64 kernel version due to specific kernel bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1463241
- [ABR-113452] If a machine was re-registered under different account without revoking the existing backup plan from it, this plan may still continue running unexpectedly.
- [ABR-106790] Backup console is not shown properly on mobile devices.
- [ABR-184546] New full backup is created in the cloud storage instead of updating the existing backup incrementally if an existing backup opening fails due to any network-related error.
- [ABR-115270] "[All Profiles Folder]" template in file level backup does not support custom profile path.
- [ABR-86803] Native support for backing up volumes with enabled NTFS deduplication is not available.
- [ABR-190404] It is not possible to recover from Large Scale Recovery archive produced by "LSR" tool if this archive is split into multiple separate files (multi-volume).
- [ABR-183082] Recovery of a Linux machine with some volumes with XFS file system on it completes with "Failed to process the boot loader configuration." warning. The machine is bootable despite the warning.
- [ABR-160382] Recovery activity may hang on 40-60% in web console interface when performed by bootable media registered on management server. Recovery still succeeds.
- [ABR-158677] "Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection" NIC is not properly recognized by Windows 10 after recovery of image to a VMware Workstation VM using the bootable media.
- [ABR-193871] Unable to backup the same Exchange DAG database on 2 nodes simultaneously, backup fails on one of the nodes.
- [ABR-162925] Application items (databases and/or mailboxes) cannot be recovered from application-aware entire machine backup if the databases are located on mount points (DB path is redirected to another location).
- [ABR-156825] E-mail notifications are not properly sent for Office 365 Cloud-To-Cloud backup events.
- [ABR-74984] "Next backup" time is not displayed for machine which has only application-level backup plans applied to it.
- [ABR-160705] There is no "Remove all logs and configuration settings" option when running uninstallation of Agent for Mac.
- [ABR-141823] Incorrect backup items in a backup plan after updating Mac OS X to 10.13 High Sierra with conversion from HFS+ to APFS (some backup items are missing).
- [ABR-137886] Backing up Mac with Apple RAID configured fails with "No volumes were found when processing the 'Fixed Volumes' template." Apple RAIDs are not supported.
- [ABR-206940] Backing up a Hyper-V VM located on CSV volume may block moving this CSV volume to different Hyper-V node in some cases
- [ABR-194557] Hyper-V VM backup produces warning: "Changed Block Tracking (CBT) is not used because there are disk files that do not belong to any disk snapshot." if there is a tree of Hyper-V VM checkpoints which includes 2 or more sibling checkpoints with no common parent.
- [ABR-192213] VMware VMs with empty "vc.uuid" (InstanceUUID) vSphere property are not listed in the backup console.
- [ABR-190718] VM not bootable after recovery from a specific backup.
- [ABR-189882] Backup of a Hyper-V VM fails if this VM contains ampersand symbol in the names of any of its virtual disks.
- [ABR-160581] Duplicated activities in Activities Summary after backup of a VM running on Hyper-V Cluster.
- [ABR-158679] Incorrect number of Total Runs/Number of successful runs for a Hyper-V cluster on the Operations tab.
- [ABR-149933] The number of email notifications equals to the number of Hyper-V cluster nodes for one VM backup activity.
- [ABR-146975] In some cases when backing up multiple VMs simultaneously (>5) by single backup agent, backup plan hangs on 97-100%.
- [ABR-137564] Cross-platform recoveries (when backup was created not by Agent for Hyper-V) into new Hyper-V VM by Agent for Hyper-V always produces Gen 1 version of VM.
- [ABR-115430] Missing backup alert is activated even if backup is not scheduled.
- [ABR-113660] It is possible to apply backup plan to VM running Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance) while it should not. Such plan fails with "Cannot find GXT item type 'mms::disk::disk'." error.
- [ABR-104081] Replication plan for VM from one ESX host to another ESX host fails while the "Error handling" option is enabled.
- [ABR-100551] Backup of a Linux VM running on Hyper-V 2019 always fails over to crash-consistent snapshots due to Microsoft limitation (unable to create production checkpoints for Linux VMs).
- [ABR-95961] Backup task periodically fails on snapshot creation for some Virtuozzo containers after some time on host with under high load.
- [ABR-90100] Backing up a VM in a Hyper-V cluster has an activity for every node.
- [ABR-85645] Backup of a virtual machine with Active Directory completes with warning "MFT bitmap is corrupted."
Disaster Recovery service
- [DRAAS-13217] A point-to-site login name is not displayed on the VPN Settings page.
- [DRAAS-14241] VPN tunnel may fail after the VPN Appliance network configuration is changed.
- [DRAAS-15381] Alerts for failed backups of cloud servers are not raised.
- [DRAAS-15550] A virtual machine is powered off after 3 months in the test failover state.
- [ABR-205870] Compute points are not counted after a billing period reset.
- [ABR-220662] Cloud server’s activity “Adding new recovery point” sometimes fails.
- [DRAAS-16909] Backup of cloud server sometimes fails with “Admin token is empty' error message”.
File Sync & Share
- [ASRV-6939] Sending acceptance of the privacy statement to the platform should be possible.
- [ASRV-6885] Old welcome screen shown for newly created User in case all Legal links are deleted in Branding of parent tenant.
- [ASRV-6826] Updating or setting legal branding is not applied to FC if a child tenant was created before branding was enabled for the parent partner (unless forced).
- The maximum file size for upload via web interface is 1 gigabyte.