Release notes for Acronis Data Cloud 7.8
Release date: October 8, 2018
With this update, the Acronis flagship cloud product offers enhancements and addresses the issues found in the previous releases.
Important! This knowledge base article describes which Acronis Data Cloud services are already or will be technically available in each specific data center after the 7.8 version rollout.
- Cloud-to-cloud backup 2.0 for Microsoft Office 365
- Common improvements:
- Multi-factor authentication support
- Automatically protect new Office 365 users, groups, sites
- Cross-user and cross-organization recovery
- Exchange Online improvements:
- Archive mailbox backup
- Group mailbox backup
- OneDrive backup:
- Files, folders backup
- Support for file exclusions and inclusions by mask
- Search for files in a backup
- SharePoint Online backup:
- Site collections and group sites backup
- Granular recovery and downloading documents from a backup
- Search items through a backup
- Support for new operating systems: Windows Server 2019, macOS Mojave 10.14, and more.
- Acronis Active Protection improvements
- Protection of network folders
- Removable devices tracking
- ML-based stack analyzer
- Manage backup protection separately from self-defense
- Easier deployment for VMware-based infrastructures with the new virtual appliance
Agent for VMware can now be deployed as a virtual appliance directly on the ESXi host – in addition to the regular Windows installation package.
- Ability to schedule the backup to run by events, instead of by time
- Ability to set conditions for backup plan execution
- Laptop-optimized backup scheduling
- Save battery power by preventing backup to start when on battery
- Prevent backup over metered connection (e.g. mobile hotspot)
- Perform backup jobs only in specific networks by specifying an IP range where backups are allowed
- Wake up the machine or prevent from sleep at the scheduled backup time
- Usability improvements
- Ability to turn off missed or failed backup execution at the machine startup
- Ability to select months in monthly schedule
- Bootable media registration via OAuth 2.0
- Proxy server access using credentials (basic authentication)
Disaster Recovery service
- Orchestration tools to script and execute complex disaster recovery plans.
- The following operations are supported:
- Test failover
- Start server
- Stop server
- Stop test failover
- Manual failback
- Improved performance
Overall performance improvements for test and production failover and recovery of the cloud servers.
- New supported platforms
- CentOS 7.4
- CentOS 7.5
- Ubuntu 18.04
File Sync & Share service
- Account Management Server (v. 3.5.1069)
- Management Console (v. 10.1.9407)
- Account Router (v. 1.0.58)
- Account Management Server RAML documentation (v. 7.8.145)
- Postie (v. 3.0.203)
- Statistics Server (v. 3.2.210)
- Account Data Control (v. 3.0.128)
- Reporting Service (v. 3.5.389)
- API Gateway (v. 8.4.413)
- Audit Service (v. 2.1.80)
- Backup Agent for Windows (v. 12.5.12110)
- Backup Agent for Mac (v. 12.5.12110)
- Backup Agent for Linux (v. 12.5.12110)
- Backup Management Server (AMS) (v. 12.2.5769)
- Backup Account Server (v. 8.4.423)
- Web Console Service (v. 12.2.5769)
- Backup Console (v. 12.2.5769)
- Archive Reader (v. 8.0.1140)
- Web Restore (v. 10.0.50303)
- Backup Policy Manager (v. 0.1.3.139)
- Backup Resource Manager (v. 0.1.1.60)
- Backup Vault Manager (v. 184.108.40.2065)
- Backup Scheduler (v. 220.127.116.11)
- Provisioning Manager (v. 1.0.30)
- Task Manager (v. 1.0.35)
Disaster Recovery service
- Disaster Recovery Service (v. 1.5.271)
- Disaster Recovery Web Secure Socket (v. 1.0.103)
- Disaster Recovery Runbook Manager (v. 1.4.2)
File Sync & Share service
- Files Sync & Share Server (v. 2.3.547)
- Files Sync & Share Preview Servlet (v. 1.0.50)
- Notary service (v. 7.8.555)
- Notary console (v. 2.3.0)
This section describes issues that have been fixed in this update.
- [ABR-181514] Branding settings cannot be modified in the management portal by the administrators with limited access.
- [ABR-175986] The "Custom" button is displayed on the Reports page even if there is only one choice.
- [ABR-186282] Duplicated warnings and informational notifications in the audit log on turning on/off offering items, services.
- [ABR-186275] Error code 400 while trying to set the LocalBackup quota via API v1.
- [ABR-137496] It is possible to configure incomplete settings in Branding > Email server settings.
- [ABR-191619] Audit page is not loaded for a user of tenant where the URL branding is enabled.
- [ABR-191577] Own tenant is not found while registering a storage by using tokens.
- [ABR-191398] The "Insufficient rights to approve requested device" error is shown while registering a storage by using tokens.
- [ABR-186557] Insufficient description of the "Enable logon control" functionality on the Security settings page.
- [ABR-186262] "Quota exceeded" email notifications may not be sent under certain conditions.
- [ABR-182206] Custom branding settings enable event is not registered by the audit log.
- [ABR-178633] Business notifications are sent even after the tenant is disabled in certain circumstances.
- [ABR-173516] Browser native sign-in form is shown when the session is expired.
- [ABR-192179] Port 41581 is incorrectly opened during a backup to the cloud storage
- [ABR-191117] Concurrent backups executed by a single backup agent cause high usage of threads and events by the mms.exe process
- [ABR-190862] RAID is not detected by the bootable media on a system with Intel C624 chipset on the AHCI Capable SATA Controller in Intel(R) Embedded Server RAID Technology 2 (ESRT2) mode (PCI ID = 8086:a186)
- [ABR-190800] The "File filters" backup option does not work for file-level backups of network shares, if the backup format is set to Version 12.
- [ABR-190446] Backup fails with the "Functionality 'serverBackup' is not available. Please use the appropriate license." error in certain scenarios when the backup agent is uninstalled and then re-installed using different versions.
- [ABR-190061] The list of recovery points within a backup cannot be retrieved from the "Backups" tab if the backup is browsed while an incremental backup is running.
- [ABR-188840] Web Restore page returns the "500" error and does not allow to log in if there is a huge amount of backups (thousands of backups with 100TB+ size).
- [ABR-188649] It is not possible to apply a backup plan to a mailbox for accounts created in Acronis Data Cloud 7.7 and 7.7 Update 1, error appears "The quota for user 'user_name' is reached."
- [ABR-188614] Calling the "getBackupPlanInfo" method returns "Plan not found" error if a newly created plan with enabled pre/post commands is added to machine after the default plan created via cPanel or WHM integration was revoked from this machine beforehand.
- [ABR-188297] Mounting a disk/volume from a disk/volume level backup via Windows Explorer fails with "Device not ready" if the Version 12 backup format is used and the backup is located on a network share.
- [ABR-188238] It is not possible to disable the "Backup Protection" option in the Active Protection plan configuration after the backup agent is updated from 7.0 to 7.5 and then to 7.7 version.
- [ABR-187545] Backup of files/folders from a network share may cause the service_process.exe process to crash during a backup in case of unstable network connection between the backup agent and the data source.
- [ABR-187495] The Backup options > Scheduling settings are not preserved after applying a backup plan to a group of machines if the backup plan was pre-created without applying it to devices beforehand.
- [ABR-187339] The Acronis Managed Machine service process (mms.exe) sporadically crashes while backing up a Hyper-V virtual machine after a migration within a Hyper-V Cluster.
- [ABR-186781] Recovery of files/folders from a backup of an entire virtual machine that was performed by Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance) completes with the "Message: URI 'file://xxx.tibx' is invalid." warning.
- [ABR-185216] It is not possible to select a specific VSS provider under Backup options > Volume Shadow Copy (VSS).
- [ABR-184261] An incremental backup to an SFTP server running FreeFTP Server (v.1.0.12) fails with "Access to the file is denied." error if the backup format is set to Version 12.
- [ABR-183366] Acronis Managed Machine Service (acronis_mms) does not start in Linux if a file named "Acronis" exists in the root folder.
- [ABR-183056] The Next backup time column in the Devices list may show incorrect values for virtual machines which are bound to different agents connected to the same vCenter.
- [ABR-182614] If more than 1 backup plan is applied to Agent for VMware or Agent for Hyper-V and these plans are scheduled to start at the same time, then they are started with unexpected 2-3 minutes delay (only 1 plan starts exactly as scheduled)
- [ABR-182361] Infinite retries during the backup to the cloud storage in the case when the network connection was lost right after the backup start.
- [ABR-182317] Tray Monitor shows outdated value in the Next backup field.
- [ABR-181405] SQL-aware backup fails because the service_process service crashes on Microsoft Windows 2003 32-bit with Microsoft SQL 2005.
- [ABR-180744] Sometimes a status of a device gets stuck at backing up at 88%.
- [ABR-180392] Browsing of .tib and .tibx files in Microsoft Windows Explorer hangs after the second try.
- [ABR-180057] Backup of unmounted Recovery HD volumes fails on macOS Sierra (version 10.12) with volume locking error "Operation not permitted".
- [ABR-179117] Cloud-to-cloud backup of Microsoft Office 365 mailbox may fail with an error "The optional value is null".
- [ABR-178910] The "acrocmd --backup disk" command always includes removable USB drives into the backup.
- [ABR-178872] On a Mac, the EFI partition from a non-system disk can be selected as the backup destination in "Where to backup" while it should not.
- [ABR-178517] Ports 9876 and 43234 is opened while updating an agent to version 12.5.10170.
- [ABR-178302] An incremental backup of Microsoft Office 365 mailboxes fails with the error "0x15d0837: Cannot parse data due to incorrect tag '131074' instead of '0'" after agent update.
- [ABR-178245] Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 network card is not detected by the bootable media.
- [ABR-178016] Bootable media fails to boot on EFI systems with enabled Secure Boot.
- [ABR-177947] Port 9850 is opened while updating an agent to version 12.5.10170.
- [ABR-177792] SQL DB backup fails if the SQL databases paths contain double slashes.
- [ABR-177708] Acronis Managed Machine Service is crashing periodically on the Microsoft Hyper-V host after agent update to version 12.5.10170.
- [ABR-177312] Replication of a virtual machine fails with an unclear "Failed to upload file '404'." error if the Datacenter name under vCenter contains special characters (double-byte).
- [ABR-177007] An incremental backup to a Physical Data Shipping backup (backup version 12) may fail with error 'The file is corrupted.'.
- [ABR-176916] Login to the backup console fails with error "500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR" after the re-creation and backing up a Microsoft Office 365 mailbox with a name that existed before.
- [ABR-176914] Microsoft Office 365 cloud-to-cloud backup agent deployment fails because of wrong user account.
- [ABR-175523] Retention rules may fail if a network share isn't available for a short time.
- [ABR-175023] Backup of entire Mac hangs if sleep mode is initiated during backup.
- [ABR-174605] Large amount of devices is loading slowly in the backup console.
- [ABR-174028] Backup exclusion rules may not be applied after update an agent to version 12.5.9940.
- [ABR-173424] Empty CSV file is generated when dumping data from the "Daily Activities" report.
- [ABR-173257] The Acronis Scheduler service regularly logs an error in Windows Event Log after an update from 7.0 or older versions: "Scheduler failed to run task with GUID 'FDE3E71C-2412-4847-928C-AD8BC32C3AE8' because of error 2 (Failed to find the file (folder) or the key (value) in the registry.)."
- [ABR-172995] Multiple Microsoft Office 365 cloud-to-cloud backup agents deployment is possible within a customer tenant.
- [ABR-172037] Agent installer has incorrect filename when downloading it using Internet Explorer 11 on Microsoft Windows 7.
- [ABR-169543] NTFS permissions are reset during file recovery to a network share from a disk backup.
- [ABR-168967] Backup of Mac fails with error "Operation with partition '0-0' was terminated" if the backup version 12 was chosen in the backup options.
- [ABR-168922] Error "A specified parameter was not correct: configSpec.guestId" appears when recovering or replicating a virtual machine with the CentOS 7 (64-bit) guest OS from vSphere 6.5/6.7 to vSphere 6.0.
- [ABR-168890] Microsoft Exchange logs are not truncated after an app-aware virtual machine backup on vSphere 6.5+.
- [ABR-165033] Backup plan unexpectedly started for all machines binded to an agent when backup is manually initiated just for some of them.
- [ABR-164077] It is not possible to collect sysinfo from an agent installed on a machine with a non-English hostname.
- [ABR-163628] Acronis Managed Machine Service fails to start when the PreferExternalManifest key in registry is set to 1.
- [ABR-152138] Live update leaves locked file, further updates fail with error "ERROR: Lock file /tmp/trueimage_inst.lock is found. Installer is running already.".
- [ABR-151193] Recovery of a backup (with the Version 12 backup format) from USB drive does not start. Error: "Cannot recover from the specified backup archive. The archive resides in a location that becomes inaccessible after reboot that is required for recovery."
- [ABR-151178] A window with error: "Connect failed in tcp_connect" appears on virtual appliance every 10 minutes when the ESXi host is unreachable.
- [ABR-134220] Unable to add smb.hidrive as the backup location, endless credentials requests "The credentials for 'smb://xxx.xxx' are incorrect.".
- [ABR-133896] Personal location is not being deleted from the backup console when the related user is deleted.
- [ABR-121462] The setup program does not show a correct error if the WMI service is disabled on the machine.
- [ABR-109180] It is impossible to backup an instance and databases of Windows Internal Database in certain circumstances.
- [ABR-181089] An error is displayed when trying to revoke or edit the backup plan with the Physical Data Shipping option enabled and the backup format set to Version 11.
- [ABLOC-11302] Text is truncated in Agent for Mac's Backup Monitor (French localization)
- [ABLOC-11301] Text is not fully localized in Agent for Mac installer (French localization)
Disaster Recovery service
- [DRAAS-14969] "Cloud recovery site" page: white text on a light-grey background is not visible.
- [DRAAS-15223] Test failover is not unmounted when the offering item "Compute points" (or "Cloud servers") is turned off.
- [DRAAS-14803][DRAAS-14476] There is no email alert when the quota is exceeded and the overage is set to "unlimited" for disaster recovery offering items.
- [DRAAS-14502] It is impossible to delete all backups for a machine. Error appears: "Failed to convert string 'Unknown' to GUID."
- [ABR-163094] Email alert for a partner administrator about the disaster recovery offering items quota exceeded has generic text.
- [ABR-172013] Disaster Recovery tenant is not deleted If the Disaster Recovery service is turned off in the management portal.
- [ABR-161767] List of archives shown in the web restore console includes names of cloud agents instead of names of machines.
- [DRAAS-15371] Runbook fails if the backups created in Acronis Data Cloud version 7.7 are used.
- [DRAAS-15298] Editing the recovery server settings is possible during a failover.
- [DRAAS-15298] Editing the recovery server settings is possible during "Preparing for failover".
- [ABR-187362] Failback to an existing Hyper-V VM is not supported.
File Sync & Share service
- [ABR-133312] A user with File Sync & Share role can be created in the management portal even if the users quota is exceeded.
- [ASRV-6915] Deleting a single revision of a deleted file should not be possible.
- [ASRV-7005] First session in the Administrator portal leads to General Restrictions page now instead of the Logs page.
- [ASRV-6683] Notification email for the user with permissions should contain the name of the user that downloaded the file.
Known issues and limitations
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
- [ABR-138058] Backup notifications stop sending after de-provisioning and re-provisioning of the "Backup & Disaster Recovery" role to a user.
- [ABR-136386] A redirect to the branded URL happens after clicking "Manage accounts" button in Backup Console, administrator came from non-branded URL originally.
- [ABR-137822] The "Manage service" button on the Overview page does not redirect to the branded File Sync & Share address.
- [ABR-137174] The Overview page layout looks garbled for a screen resolution of 1024 pixels (width) or less.
- [ABR-137481] Email notifications that a quota is almost exceeded are not sent.
- [ABR-137456] It is possible to create a tenant with only spaces in the name.
- [ABR-136810] Unclear error is shown if a destination tenant was not found while moving a tenant.
- [ABR-136694] The "Bad request" message appears if a large number is specified as the Storage quota.
- [ABR-133543] The "Report will not be send. No data available for the specified period" error is shown when the user selects report that can be received.
- [ABR-137537] Turning off administrator role for a user does not turn off all notification settings.
- [ABR-134228] An unclear error message is shown when a tenant is moved move if a tenant with the same name already exists in the new parent.
- [ABR-184900] Local backup usage is not reported for backups stored on a network share with enabled deduplication.
- [ABR-183764] Local backup usage is not updated for all virtual machine backups after deleting and re-adding a network location.
- [ABR-182941] ZmqGw may crash with an exception in agent build 5544.
- [ABR-182313] Local backup usage size is duplicated after reconnecting a locally-attached storage (LAS) to the new virtual appliance.
- [ABR-115270] "[All Profiles Folder]" template in file level backup doesn't support custom profile path.
- [ABR-86803] Native support for NTFS deduplication is not available.
- [ABR-104081] Replication plan for VM from one ESX host to another ESX host fails while the "Error handling" option is enabled.
- [ABR-121308] The "Upon time since last backup" schedule does not work.
- [ABR-133758] Instance of agent was not changed if an agent is re-assigned to another account.
- [ABR-141823] Incorrect backup items in a backup plan after updating Mac OS X to 10.13 High Sierra with conversion from HFS+ to APFS (some backup items are missing).
- [ABR-158679] Incorrect number of Total Runs/Number of successful runs for a Hyper-V cluster on the Operations tab.
- [ABR-85645] Backup of a virtual machine with Active Directory completes with warning "MFT bitmap is corrupted."
SharePoint Online backup
- [ABR-191550] An unclear error message is generated when recovering a document library to a list with matching name or vice versa.
- [ABR-189699] When recovering a document library to the original location without overwriting, the title of the “Name” column is overwritten.
- [ABR-186758] The backup status in Activity details is set to Failed when the backup was canceled by clicking on 'Cancel' button.
- [ABR-178202] Cannot open the list view for editing after recovering a list with the metadata column type to a non-original site.
- [ABR-178044] Values for the “Person or Group” column type are not recovered to the original location when the 'Show field' in the column settings has the 'Content type' value.
- [ABR-172235] Settings from the Standard list view (Tabular View, Mobile, View name) are not recovered to a list.
- [ABR-194998] An extra "MediaServiceMetadata" column is added to a document library after recovering a site to the original location.
- [ABR-192681] Recovery of the default company.sharepoint.com/portals/hub site fails with an error.
- [ABR-188219] Changed name of a document library is not visible in an incremental backup.
- [ABR-184822] If a subsite's 'Web Site Address' setting was changed, the subsite is duplicated after a recovery to the original location instead of overwriting the existing one.
- [ABR-184579] Recovery of a variation subsite to a non-original location fails if the “SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure” feature is not activated on site.
- [ABR-183059] New site policy is created after recovery instead of overwriting the existing one after if it was renamed on site.
- [ABR-151469] Site pages in the 'checked out' state are skipped during a backup.
- [ABR-152247] List items are recovered in a wrong order to a non-original site collection.
- [ABR-154436] Site pages are recovered with the "Comments" section enabled.
- [ABR-154749] The “Quick launch, Top link bar, Navigation Elements” site settings are not recovered.
- [ABR-181583] The private view of lists is not recovered.
- [ABR-178667] Recovering a site with a "Publishing portal" template to a "Visio Process Repository" template makes it unavailable.
- [ABR-178023] The "Site policies" and "Site closure and deletion" settings of team sites are not recovered.
- [ABR-177984] Recovering a subsite causes content duplication if the site is deleted, and then recovered to the original location two times.
- [ABR-174750] Site settings are not recovered for the Visio Process Repository site template.
- [ABR-169444] Recovery of a site from the eDiscovery Center template to the Enterprise Search Center template finishes with the ‘Invalid list template’ warning.
- [ABR-167893] Second recovery of a list without overwriting to the original site causes items duplication if all items were deleted from list.
- [ABR-166876] Site page with a blank title is not backed up.
- [ABR-156298] Second recovery of a list with overwriting to a non-original site causes items duplication.
- [ABR-155818] System lists ("MicroFeed", "User Information List”, "Preservation Hold Library”, "Converted Forms") are skipped during recovery.
- [ABR-196630] Backup and recovery of huge sites is unstable.
Disaster Recovery service
- [DRAAS-13217] A point-to-site login name is not displayed on the VPN Settings page.
- [DRAAS-14241] VPN tunnel may fail after the VPN Appliance network configuration is changed.
- [DRAAS-15381] Alerts for failed backups of cloud servers are not raised.
- [DRAAS-15550] A virtual machine is powered off after 3 months in the test failover state.
- [DRAAS-15409] Failover can be triggered via runbooks for deleted servers.
File Sync & Share
- [ASRV-6939] Sending acceptance of the privacy statement to the platform should be possible.
- [ASRV-6885] Old welcome screen shown for newly created User in case all Legal links are deleted in Branding of parent tenant.
- [ASRV-6826] Updating or setting legal branding is not applied to FC if a child tenant was created before branding was enabled for the parent partner (unless forced).
- [ASRV-7129] Redirect to `officeppe.live.com` for user authentication in the latest version of Chrome is blocked by default.
- The maximum file size for upload via web interface is 1 gigabyte.