Release notes for Acronis Data Cloud 7.7
Release notes for Acronis Data Cloud 7.7
Release date: April 18, 2018
With this update, the Acronis flagship cloud product offers enhancements and addresses the issues found in the previous releases.
- Up to 5x faster user interface
Operations in the management portal are now up to five times faster (including the pages opening speed, drilling down to another tenant, etc.).
- Backup operations dashboards
Quickly review the health of your backup infrastructure.
Widgets can be configured to show either global data (aggregate data across all customers) or data per customer.
- Customizable backup operations reports
Create reports by adding and customizing widgets that display data across all customers or individually, or simply use a pre-configured report template.
- New storage usage controls
- Manage the ability of partners to deploy Acronis storage.
- View metrics for “Total cloud storage size”.
- Track and control local backup usage.
- Improved branding settings
- The redesigned Branding page allows for faster and easier customization.
- See what the client will see by previewing the selected styling in a new tab.
- Redesigned "Storage" tab
- Delete storage easily. Partners who registered their own storage instance can now use the management portal to delete it without contacting the Acronis support team.
- The File Sync & Share storage details are now visible alongside the backup service storage details.
- Multiple UX improvements
- Sort clients list by column.
- New tenant status display. Quickly view whether a tenant is active, disabled, or in the trial mode.
- Drill down for details naturally. Pull information with a new, more intuitive approach. Simply click on a client’s name to drill down.
- New drop-down actions menu provides a clear, intuitive way to move, delete or take other action regarding tenants and users.
- Find details hidden in the breadcrumbs. A new drop-down menu lets you quickly navigate within the tenants of different tiers.
- Get system notifications more easily. The redesigned notifications panel now simultaneously displays multiple system notifications.
- Make better informed service configurations. Within the services configuration interface, we’ve added descriptions that make it easier to understand the purpose of a service offering.
- EULA acceptance was moved to the user account activation dialog. Previously it was available in each service’s web interface.
- And more...
- Next generation backup format
- Back up faster and more reliably
- Pause/resume backups anytime (for both full image and file-level backups)
- The limit for the number of machines that can be updated simultaneously was removed
- Simplified installation of the backup agents without the need to specify credentials
- Simplified requirements for Microsoft Exchange backup
For administrators who do not want to share Microsoft Exchange administrator credentials, the "Server Management" role can be used to back up Microsoft Exchange Server databases, rather than using the "Organization Management“ role.
Disaster Recovery service
File Sync & Share service
- Account Management Server (v.2.0.840)
- Account Management Server RAML documentation (v.6.1.97)
- Management Console (v.8.9.8955)
- Postie (v.2.4.171)
- Statistics Server (v.3.1.156)
- Account Data Control (v.2.0.97)
- Reporting Service (v.2.0.271)
- API Gateway (v.18.104.22.168)
- Backup Agent for Windows (v.12.5.9940)
- Backup Agent for Mac (v.12.5.9940)
- Backup Agent for Linux (v.12.5.9940)
- Backup Management Server (v.12.1.5425)
- Web Console Service (v.12.1.5424)
- Backup Console (v.12.1.5424)
- Archive Reader (v.8.0.940)
- Web Restore (v.10.0.50268)
- Backup Account Server (v.22.214.171.1247)
- Backup Policy Manager (v.0.1.1.70)
- Backup Resource Manager (v.0.1.1.60)
- Backup Vault Manager (v.126.96.36.1999)
- Backup Scheduler (v.188.8.131.52)
- Provisioning Manager (v.0.0.2.21)
- Task Manager (v.184.108.40.206)
Disaster Recovery service
- Disaster Recovery Service (v.1.4.204)
- Disaster Recover Web Secure Socket (v.0.0.1.23)
File Sync & Share service
- Files Cloud Server (v.2.1.100)
This section describes issues that have been fixed in this update.
- [ABR-150316] Non-informative message is shown when enabling the File Sync & Share service for an account with the email address that is used for another account.
- [ABR-144505] Reports are not generated correctly for the tenants whose parent tenant was moved during the reporting period.
- [ABR-142198] Daily recap notifications are doubled: one is sent to the customer, another one to the user's personal tenant.
- [ABR-137854] It is not possible to login to the backup console as a unit administrator in certain circumstances.
- [ABR-152249] A customers can replace other customer's logo with its own.
- [ABR-147054] Internal Server Error may appear during the backup of Microsoft Office 365 mailboxes when the respective quota is not unlimited.
- [ABR-145090] Custom tenant ID is not displayed properly when checking it for the first time.
- [ABR-138338] Test email in the Branding settings is not sent if you do not re-enter the password.
- [ABR-141237] Service users in the watchers list have incorrect hierarchy names.
- [ABR-138590] Cannot send the "Test Email Message" from within the branding page of a group with no administrator accounts - 404 "The specified object is not found."
- [ABR-150316] Non-informative message is shown while enabling the File Sync & Share service for account with an email address that is used for another account.
- [ABR-140404] The "Enable logon control" check box does not work for regular user without administrator rights.
- [ABR-132336] It is possible to input and save incorrect-format characters in "App Store" and "Google Play" fields of "Branding" options.
- [ABR-132291] Selection of details level in the report configuration is available for customer tenant administrators.
- [ABR-137401] No tooltips for tenant type icons in the Clients list.
- [ABR-148417] Tenant name that contains cyrillic symbols looks garbled in the UI.
- [ABR-137066] Error about impossibility of enabling File Sync & Share service is not translated.
- [ABR-115352] Backups created with the encryption option enabled are not encrypted in certain circumstances.
- [ABR-153973] The "Application backup" option is ignored when submitting a new backup plan via API.
- [ABR-141462] Local backup can be executed even though "Local backup" offering item is disabled.
- [ABR-129572] Some of the backups have incorrect backup dates.
- [ABR-146553] A user may get multiple email notifications about failed backups, although the backups were successful.
- [ABR-149834] Wrong number of agents installed on a machine is displayed in the backup console.
- [ABR-137745] Cannot apply existing plan to a Microsoft SQL Server instance.
- [ABR-148832] Broken documentation links in backup notifications and daily recap notifications.
- [ABR-123818] No warning is shown on the Select target machine panel when no virtual agents are installed.
- [ABR-134096] Retention by backups age is not available in the cleanup selector.
- [ABR-133747] Recovering a virtual machine from a specific customer backup fails with a resizer error.
- [ABR-134448] Hidden shares are not saved as a source of backups.
- [ABR-149815] Cannot create a full or a differential backup after an incomplete backup.
- [ABR-142277] Cannot find a sub-item in the information store.
- [ABR-130696] File filters (exclusions) do not work on Windows Dynamic Disks in certain circumstances.
- [ABR-139362] LUKS-encrypted LVM volumes are not backed up by the Entire Machine backup plans.
- [ABR-151077] Increase sysinfo security on Linux.
- [ABR-132303] Cannot resume validation after network disruption: "Cannot resume a command because it is not paused."
- [ABR-136172] Backup does not fail when a quota is exceeded.
- [ABR-139903] Cannot recover a folder to the original location if the Managed Machine Service user does not have access rights for this directory: "Backup plan account '' does not have a permission to write to location..."
- [ABR-140057] There are many open network sessions after a backup to a network share is finished.
- [ABR-147814] NTFS permissions are reset during file recovery from a disk backup.
- [ABR-148440] Applying retention rules may fail with the error "Password for protected archive is incorrect." if the backup plan was created by a user and the backup was started by a company administrator.
- [ABR-144148] Validation activity may fail with error "Failed to resolve item 'Session/Server/' by its reference." after the Microsoft SQL Server database backup to the cloud storage with retention, if the backup format is set to Version 11.
- [ABR-146976] The service_process process may hang while deleting backups in a long chain of Microsoft SQL Server or Microsoft Exchange data backups.
- [ABR-118622] Backup completes with errors in activity details in case some items were moved after backup start. Message: "The optional value is null."
- [ABR-135651] Number of backed-up Microsoft Office 365 mailboxes may be wrong for some accounts.
- [ABR-143865] Need to change the warning "The agent is already registered on management server" to informational message.
- [ABR-144977] There is no automatic retry on error "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host".
- [ABR-149383] cPanel addon creates big files in /tmp/Acronis when browsing backups via cPanel.
- [ABR-144233] The agent certificate is not revoked after the storage assigned to a customer tenant is changed.
- [ABR-142534] Initial Seeding tool cannot resume the backup uploading process after Acronis Backup Gateway restarts.
- [ABR-151838] service_process may crash during CT/VM backup on Virtuozzo Cluster 6.0.
- [ABR-142079] Cannot start a backup plan for a virtual machine when using a Hyper-V cluster.
- [ABR-141322] "Code 32" error in Device Manager for CPU after a failback to the original Windows 2016 Hyper-V virtual machine.
- [ABR-151381] Alert "Backup did not start" is shown after each backup plan's run for Microsoft Office 365 mailboxes in case of deleting and restoring a mailbox.
- [ABR-153669] Differential backup may hang when new archive format is used.
- [ABR-156288] User is asked for a password when refreshing recovery points, archive name is not specified.
- [ABR-151677] Installation of Agent for SQL on Windows Server 2003 with Agent for Windows installed fails.
- [ABR-156210] Bootable media does not detect external disks with GPT.
- [ABR-141140] Cannot edit backup plan - hangs on loading, because of problems with http.dll.
- [ABR-137888] Unable to choose hidden folder as a source for backup.
- [ABR-151835] Microsoft Exchange item recovery fails with error "SOAP protocol error has occurred while accessing the EWS server. SOAP code: ErrorInvalidServerVersion. SOAP message: The specified server version is invalid.."
- [ABR-150927] Replication to cloud fails with error "Failed to resolve item 'Session/newdb/newdb/EDB/0/14' by its reference."
- [ABR-153276] Cannot register an agent if a proxy server is set up in the network.
- [ABR-126033] TIB and .jrnl files are created by incremental backup before a Physical Data Shipping backup was uploaded. Uploading fails.
- [ABR-148528] There is no "Apply RAID / LVM" button in bootable in media.
- [ABR-150716] EFI virtual machine does not boot after recovery.
- [ABR-138111] Backup SMB shares fails with error: "None of the items selected for backup were found." after changing the network credentials and editing a backup plan by specifying the new valid credentials.
- [ABR-131296] Backup of Microsoft SQL works unacceptably slow with FILESTREAM.
- [ABR-141569] Deployment activity does not fail in case of problems during deploy.
- [ABR-148380] schedul2.exe may crash on a machine with Windows 8.1 / 10 in certain circumstances.
- [ABR-141509] Tasks gathering works too slowly for Microsoft SQL queries formed from GET requests coming from UI.
- [ABR-143268] Backup plan creation API does not accept validation and distribution options.
- [ABR-137605] Sometimes the machines are stuck in the offline mode when the agent is online already.
- [ABR-154538] Browsing backups tab may fail with error "Failed to mount the recovery point".
- [ABR-154416] Cross-site scripting (XSS) security vulnerability in the backup console
Disaster Recovery service
- [DRAAS-13514] The VPN Settings page is not displayed in Internet Explorer 11.
- [DRAAS-13490] A failback can be committed even if a pre-failback backup fails.
- [DRAAS-13472] The VPN appliance status is shown as failed for a brief period of time after deployment.
- [DRAAS-13453] The Edit button is shown during a re-configuration of a cloud server.
- [DRAAS-13444] Scrolling does not work correctly on the Cloud IP re-assignment tab if the list contains more than 10 servers.
- [DRAAS-13402] A branding color scheme is not applied to the VPN Settings page.
- [DRAAS-13264] The cloud server finalization progress is not shown.
- [DRAAS-13183] The network interface of a recovery server (UEFI-based Linux virtual machine) is down after a failover.
- [ABR-141742] Cloud Storage is duplicated on the Recovery tab.
- [ABR-141509] In some cases, the disaster recovery activities are updated very slowly.
- [ABR-140152] The backup status is shown as failed if a backup agent is installed on the original machine before a failover.
- [ABR-138953] The Disaster recovery tab is shown for mounted virtual machines.
File Sync & Share service
- [ASRV-5768] Fixed an issue where the desktop client encounters an error when a folder name conflict occurs during syncing.
- [ASRV-5304] External users are now properly redirected to verify their accounts before accessing shared links.
- [ACIOS-2005] SmartOffice numbered lists will now increment correctly.
- [ASRV-6089] Reset Password item from the user menu now work in Files Cloud.
- [ASRV-6068] Remove the "Leave Administration" item from the user menu for Parent Administrators without Sync&Share enabled.
- [ASRV-6021] Download Folder now work in Files Cloud, the content of the folder is downloaded.
- Other miscellaneous fixes and improvements.
Known issues and limitations
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
- [ABR-138058] Backup notifications stop sending after de-provisioning and provisioning of the "Backup & Disaster Recovery" role to a user.
- [ABR-136386] There is a redirect to a branded URL after clicking Manage accounts when an administrator came from non-branded URL.
- [ABR-137496] It is possible to configure incomplete settings in Branding > Email server settings.
- [ABR-132669] Enabling the File Sync & Share service for a customer tenant enables the service for all Company administrators with the same email address.
- [ABR-137822] Manage service on Overview does not redirect to the branded File Sync & Share address.
- [ABR-137174] The Overview page layout looks garbled for a screen resolution of 1024 pixels (width) or less.
- [ABR-137481] Email notification that quota is almost exceeded is not sent.
- [ABR-137456] It is possible to create a tenant with only spaces in the name.
- [ABR-136810] No clear error is shown if a destination tenant was not found while moving a tenant.
- [ABR-136694] The "Bad request" message appears if a large number is specified as the Storage quota.
- [ABR-133543] The "Report will not be send. No data available for the specified period" error is shown when the user selects report that can be received.
- [ABR-133312] User still can be created via UI when the File Sync & Share users quota is exceeded.
- [ABR-137537] Turning off administrator role for a user does not turn off all notification settings.
- [ABR-104081] Replication plan for VM from one ESX host to another ESX host fails while the "Error handling" option is enabled.
- [ABR-121308] The "Upon time since last backup" schedule does not work.
- [ABR-133896] Personal location is not deleted from the backup console when a user is deleted.
- [ABR-133758] Instance of agent was not changed if an agent is re-assigned to another account.
- [ABR-141823] Incorrect backup items in a backup plan after updating Mac OS X to 10.13 High Sierra with conversion from HFS+ to APFS (some backup items are missing).
- [ABR-158679] Incorrect number of Total Runs/Number of successful runs for a Hyper-V cluster on the Operations tab.
- [ABR-85645] Backup of a virtual machine with Active Directory completes with warning "MFT bitmap is corrupted."
Disaster Recovery service
- [DRAAS-13217] A point-to-site login name is not displayed on the VPN Settings page.
- [ABR-141254] A recovery server with CentOS 7 hangs at the startup after a failover.
- [DRAAS-14502] Impossible to delete backups after a failback if the last recovery point was deleted after the failover. Display error: Failed to convert string 'Unknown' to GUID.
- [DRAAS-14476] Alerts for Disaster Recovery quotas are not raised if overages are set to unlimited.
- [DRAAS-14245] Cloud server cannot obtain an IP address during a test and production failover if original machine has static IP address configured.
- [DRAAS-14241] VPN tunnel fails after the VPN Appliance network configuration is changed.
- [DRAAS-14230] Adding a Test IP address to a cloud server is not supported during a test failover.
- [ABR-161767] Backup file name of the protected server is incorrectly displayed in the Web Restore Console after a failover.