Table of contents
- What's new
- Updated Components
- Fixed issues
- Known issues and limitations
With this update release, the Acronis flagship cloud product offers enhancements and addresses issues found in previous releases.
New Advanced licensing that allows to offer the necessary level of cyber protection to workloads
- No editions, just а single product – Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud.
- Offers standard cyber protection functionality, including security, backup, disaster recovery, management, file sync and share, and notary features.
- Use great features without an additional fee: #CyberFit Score, Vulnerability assessment, Anti-Ransomware protection, Antivirus and Antimalware protection, Group management of devices, Remote desktop and remote assistance, Hardware inventory, and more!
- Boost the protection level of your workloads with advanced functionality that can be used in any combination:
- Advanced Security
- Advanced Backup
- Advanced Management
- Advanced Disaster Recovery
- Available in both per gigabyte and per workload billing modes.
The new billing modes are available together with previously existing editions. Yet, the previously existing editions become legacy.
To start using the new functionality and flexible licensing, switch your customers to per workload or per gigabyte billing mode.
Apple M1 CPU support
All current functionality for macOS is supported:
- Antimalware protection*
- Hardware inventory*
- Software inventory*
* Rosetta2 must be enabled
Agentless protection for Scale Computing HC3 virtual machines
- Support for agentless backup and recovery for Scale Computing virtual machines.
- The agent for Scale Computing is provided in the form of a virtual appliance (.qcow2).
- Support for Scale Computing Hypercore version 8.8, 8.9, and 9.0.
Agentless protection for Red Hat Virtualization virtual machines
- Support for agentless backup and recovery for Red Hat Virtualization (RHV) virtual machines via the oVirt API.
- The agent for Red Hat Virtualization (oVirt) is provided in the form of a virtual appliance (OVA template).
- Support for Red Hat Virtualization version 4.2, 4.3, and 4.4.
Automated failback for virtual machines
- Automated failback with close-to-zero downtime: the virtual machine in the cloud continues to run as data is transferred to the local site.
- Customers can manage the whole process in one panel which significantly reduces the efforts needed to do a failback.
- The system provides information about the progress of the failback and estimates the expected downtime which makes the planning of the failback much easier.
- A new value "Item" was added to the ticket settings: Type/Subtype/Item.
- Service Items are used to provide further detail to the main service types and subtypes.
- Managed Service Providers can now map alerts to any combination of Type, Subtype, and Item values available in their ConnectWise Manage setup.
Acronis Cyber Protection agent
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Windows (v. 15.0.26692)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Mac (v. 15.0.26692)
- Acronis Cyber Protection Agent for Linux (v. 15.0.26692)
See the release history of Acronis Cyber Protection agent here.
Changes in Acronis Cyber Cloud API
You can find the history of changes in Acronis Cyber Cloud API in the dedicated API change log document.
This section describes issues that have been fixed in this update.
- [ABR-242837] It is impossible to delete slices of a backup in case if cloud storage quota is exceeded.
- [ABR-307170] Backup replication fails with error "SocketError: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.".
- [ABR-292840] Pausing backup to cloud via Backup Monitor on macOS results in its cancellation.
- [ABR-288370] Wrong network location size is reported when quota limit is set for that location.
- [ABR-271320] Backup failed due to a crash of the Managed Machine Service (MMS).
- [ABR-304629] Server quota was assigned instead of virtual machine quota to KVM virtual machine on Proxmox environment.
- [ABR-301598] Correct encryption password was not accepted.
- [ABR-307572] Automated agent deployment through Active Directory fails if MitM proxy is used.
- [ABR-304365] It is not possible to download agent for VMware or agent for Hyper-V if a customer tenant does not have "Virtual machines" offering item enabled.
- [ARC-324][ARC-334] Backup failed with error "The activity has failed due to a crash of Service Process.".
- [AMP-4556][AMP-4509] Acronis Cyber Protection agent v.15.0.25851 causes negative performance impact on Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2009 R2.
- [ABR-304420] Broadcom 57412 10Gb ethernet adapter is not detected by Linux-based bootable media.
- [ABR-308517] Agent is displayed as offline.
- [ABR-297858] Unable to Recover Microsoft Exchange database and mailboxes - such option is not available for the selected recovery points.
- [ABR-276823] Deleted machine or an application instance still displayed in Cyber Protection console.
- [ABR-305580] A mobile device is not shown under the "Mobile devices" tab of Cyber Protection console.
- [ABR-308413] An alert "No backup for x days" stopped generating if no successful backup was performed after user dismissed the alert.
- [ARC-314] Backup failed with error "Client.Timeout exceeded".
- [ABR-305692] Deleted protection plan appeared again.
- [ARC-316] Storage refresh failed with error.
- [ABR-308030] Old plans are visible in "Plan" column of "Devices" > "All devices" list.
- [ABR-307812] Wrong number of devices is shown for a group protection plan.
- [ABR-308057] ConnectWise Manage tickets are not created for a mapped customer.
- [ABR-308059] A file downloaded from Virtuozzo backup via Cyber Protection console has 0 KB size.
- [ABR-309850] The "Settings" > "Protection" tab is not displayed for Cyber Protect editions.
- [ABR-306804] It is impossible to apply protection plan with a network location as a target, error "The credentials for location are not specified" appears.
- [ABR-309002] Backup of Virtuozzo 7 disks with VIRTIO interface failed with error "Nothing to back up. The operation has been terminated".
- [PLTFRM-26468] Vulnerability scanning failed with "502 Bad Gateway" error.
- [AMP-5073] Anti-Malvare protection may lead to malfunctioning in user application.
- [ABR-295812] An alert "Detected a conflict with a security product" appears if Sophos antivirus is installed on a device.
- [AMP-4980] Updating Cyber Protect definitions stuck at 0%.
- [CSL-1919] Patch update failed for Adobe Reader.
- [ADP-11648] URL filtering does not work when Symantec Endpoint Protection is installed.
- [ADP-13084] Software inventory is not shown for a device.
- [ADP-13591] Vulnerability Scanning failed with error "boost::filesystem".
- [DO-3663] RDP does not work sporadically: "Internal error" appears.
- [ADP-12981] The Activities widget shows incorrect device status.
- [ADP-12998] The Summary report doesn't show full data (e.g. Target Location).
- [ADP-13093] Date format mismatch in the Daily Backup reports.
- [ADP-13279] An XLS version of Daily Activities report misses Result column.
- [ADP-12898] Daily Activities report misses backup activities.
- [ADP-13234][PLTFRM-26258] Daily report is not sent on schedule.
- [ADP-13691] Schedules for reports created in Cyber Protection console are removed if open Reports tab in Management Portal.
- [DRAAS-22031] Windows 2019 datacenter boots in Safe mode with no network after failover.
- [DRAAS-22048] Failback failed with error "Internal error. Please try again later or contact support."
- [DRAAS-21848] VPN tunnel stays in status "Pending on Cloud VPN gateway".
- [ABR-301078] Google Drive backup completed with warning "Only files with binary content can be downloaded. Use Export with Google Docs files.".
- [ABR-306707] Google Shared Drive backup failed with error "No one of drive members was able to read data from drive".
- [ABR-307944] Storage usage was not updated after deleting several Google Workspace backups.
- [ABR-306367] Fails to build SnapAPI module on CentOS Stream 8 and Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5.16386.
- [ABR-306088] Opening of cPanel plugin UI fails with error "The backup agent is not available".
- [ABR-306128] Backup of CloudLinux 7.9 failed with error "The activity has failed because the machine has been shut down unexpectedly".
- [ABR-307559] Backup of CentOS 4 failed with error "Could not resolve host: api".
- [ABR-307447] Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5.16386 Virtual Appliance failed to open the network share during backup.
- [ABR-307171] Deleted Microsoft 365 mailboxes remain in Cyber Protection console, causing errors: "The SMTP address has no mailbox associated with it".
- [ABR-310034][ABR-309835] Catalog indexing failed with error "Cannot get info for folder with ID".
- [ABR-306720] Backup of Microsoft SharePoint Online site hangs for several days.
- [ABR-291904] Backup of Microsoft OneDrive failed because of progress has not been reported.
- [PLTFRM-26808] Backup of Microsoft OneDrive failed with error "Cannot open or create backup file...".
- [ABR-300332] Backup of a website failed with error ""invalid response while querying database info:".
- [ABR-307768] Backup of a website failed with error message: "client does not support "diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256" offered by server".
[ABR-306457] File Sync & Share desktop client fails to run and reports errors opening the SQLite database.
[AFDC-1287] Sync (download part) stops with error "Setting access mode on <path to file> to read-write failed".
[AFDC-1325] Local copy of files was deleted after certain folders were moved after pause/unpause operation with desktop client.
- [PLTFRM-25175] Personal tenant name is not updated after changing user's name.
- [PLTFRM-25233] It is impossible switch to non-Disaster Recovery edition if tenant has usage on Compute points offering item.
- [PLTFRM-26303] It is impossible to set overvage for users.
- [PLTFRM-25944] Can't select Acronis storage for a customer - Location dropdown has poor visibility.
- [PLTFRM-23032] Audit log does not open sometimes.
- [PLTFRM-26921] Links for Acronis Cyber Infrastructure's ISO and documentation are outdated.
- [PLTFRM-26841] Cannot open a sub-tenant on Client tab without page refresh.
- [PLTFRM-26698] Incorrect edition switch result.
This section describes issues that are currently known and provides solutions to avoid the issues where possible.
- [ABR-305144] It is impossible to edit or delete replication plan.
- [PLTFRM-18969] It is not possible to protect Microsoft SQL on a machine with a workstation operating system, in the case Agent for Hyper-V is also installed among local agents.
- [ABR-255521] The number of total runs and successful runs is zero for the Microsoft Office 365 resources.
- [ABR-240431] It is possible to apply an existing protection plan with the "Cloud" backup destination, even if the cloud storage quota was exceeded for a tenant. The plan will fail upon execution.
- [ABR-228827] If some backup is removed via the Data Recovery (Web Restore) console, this change is not reflected in the service console while browsing the backup location, until the service console is refreshed.
- [ABR-196710] The backup location on the network share usage is duplicated in the case when there is a different network share with the same name registered as a backup location (shares rotation scenario).
- [ABR-189620] The "Activities summary" widget shows activities out of the defined date "Range" scope (excessive activities may be shown).
- [ABR-184900] Local backup usage is not reported for backups stored on a network share with enabled deduplication.
- [ABR-183764] Local backup usage is not updated for all virtual machine backups after deleting and re-adding a network location.
- [ABR-182313] Local backup usage size is duplicated after reconnecting a locally attached storage (LAS) to a new Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance).
- [ABR-178648] The installer does not remove/update old libraries if the previous update was interrupted.
- [ABR-154655] The protection plan may have the "Backup succeeded" status, even if this plan is completed with warnings. Alerts and activities still show the proper status of the plan.
- [ABR-113452] If a machine was re-registered under a different account without revoking the existing protection plan from it, this plan may still continue to run unexpectedly.
- [ABR-115270] The "[All Profiles Folder]" template in a file level backup does not support a custom profile path.
- [ABR-87244] File-level recovery from a disk/volume backup of NTFS volumes with the enabled native deduplication does not work.
- [ABR-190404] It is not possible to recover from the Large Scale Recovery backup produced by the "LSR" tool if the backup is split into multiple separate files (multi-volume).
- [ABR-183082] Recovery of a Linux machine having some volumes with the XFS file system completes with the "Failed to process the boot loader configuration." warning. The machine is bootable despite the warning.
- [ABR-158677] "Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection" NIC is not properly recognized by Windows 10 after recovery of an image to a VMware Workstation virtual machine by using the bootable media.
- [ABR-129075] When browsing a folder in a backup during the file-level recovery via the service console, some child folders may not appear in the list after sorting by type if the folder contains many elements. To show all items of the folders, you need to scroll down in order to load the entire content of a parent folder and perform sorting only after that.
- [ABR-127666] Files/folders may still be available for a recovery from backups saved in the cloud, even if these files/folders were removed from a source device and the backups that contain these files were already cleaned up during retention.
- [ABR-162925] Application items (databases and/or mailboxes) cannot be recovered from the application-aware entire machine backup if the databases are located on mount points (the database path is redirected to another location).
- [ABR-74984] The "Next backup" time is not displayed for a machine that has only application-level protection plans applied to it.
- [ABR-207057] The Bulgarian language is missing in the "Recovery HD" menu (bootable media for Mac), due to a lack of support of the Bulgarian language in macOS.
- [ABR-141823] There are incorrect backup items in a protection plan after updating Mac OS X to 10.13 High Sierra with conversion from HFS+ to APFS (some backup items are missing).
- [ABR-137886] Backing up Mac with Apple RAID configured fails with the "No volumes were found when processing the 'Fixed Volumes' template" error. Apple RAIDs are not supported.
- [ABR-296485] Agent for Virtuozzo Hybrid Infrastructure (virtual appliance) may crash when performing VM recovery from backup captured from another platform (for example from physical machine or VMware VM), if there is 1GB RAM available on the appliance.
Solution: increase the RAM of the virtual appliance to 4GB.
- [ABR-242166] An application-aware backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine may fail when executing the WMI query, with the "WMI 'ExecQuery' failed executing query." or "Failed to create a new process via WMI" errors, when the backup is performed on a host under a high load, due to no response from WMI.
- [ABR-235983] A protection plan using policy rules such as "/dev/sdaX" or "/sdaX" applied to a VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine fails with the "Nothing to back up. The operation has been terminated." error, when performed by Agent for VMware/Hyper-V.
- [ABR-234935] There are duplicated activities in the Activities summary, after the backup of a virtual machine running on a Hyper-V cluster.
- [ABR-234935] An incorrect number of Total runs/Number of successful runs for a Hyper-V cluster is shown on the Operations tab.
- [ABR-234935] The number of email notifications is equal to the number of Hyper-V cluster nodes for one VM backup activity.
- [ABR-192213] VMware virtual machines with an empty "vc.uuid" (InstanceUUID) vSphere property are not listed in the service console.
- [ABR-189882] Backup of a Hyper-V virtual machine fails if it contains an ampersand symbol in the names of its virtual disks.
- [ABR-173002] Run VM from a backup on a Hyper-V host fails, if the backup is located on the same volume as the path selected for the mounted VM disks.
Solution: select a different volume for the mounted VM disks path. The space will be consumed only for changes generated inside the mounted VM and it will not occupy the entire size of the virtual disk.
- [ABR-137564] Cross-platform recoveries (when the backup was created not by Agent for Hyper-V) into a new Hyper-V virtual machine by Agent for Hyper-V always produces the Gen 1 version of virtual machine.
- [ABR-115430] A "backup is missing for X days" alert is activated even if the backup plan is not scheduled, but has this alert option enabled in its settings.
- [ABR-104081] A VM replication plan may fail due to network disconnects between source and target ESXi hosts even if the "Error handling" option is enabled.
- [ABR-95961] A backup task periodically fails on snapshot creation for some Virtuozzo containers after some time on a host with a high load.
- [ABR-85645] Backup of a virtual machine with Active Directory may complete with warning "MFT bitmap is corrupted."
- The read-only role is available for selection while customer tenant is in Cyber Backup - Standard and Cyber Protect - Standard editions, yet it should not be due to licensing limitations.
- [ABR-138058] Sending backup notifications is turned off after disabling and then returning back the Cyber Protection role to a user.
- [ABR-136810] An unclear error is shown if a destination tenant was not found while moving a tenant.
- [ABR-136694] The "Bad request" message appears if a large number is specified for the Storage quota.
- [ABR-203902] The error message "The number of registered and deleted storage registrations exceeds 50" is shown during storage re-registration.
- [ABR-203243] Logout is done correctly while a user is logged in via a branded URL; however, logout is not done for a non-branded URL.
- [ABR-173628] Active Directory Connector - mapping is not saved when one or more Distinguished Names (DNs) are invalid.
- [ABR-131711] Lack of salutation text in the "Quota exceeded" email notification.
- [PLTFRM-20333] A Hyper-V host may consume two "Server" licenses, in cases when it is backed up as a physical machine and there are also VMs or Microsoft applications running on this host and which are backed up by other types of backup agents.
- [PLTFRM-20414] Compute points usage from the original edition is not displayed for a customer in the report after the edition switch and tenant move, for example, when the edition is switched from Standard to Disaster Recovery.
- [PLTFRM-2340] The "Tenant was moved" audit event description shows tenant IDs instead of names.
- [PLTFRM-18229] Improve the error message for the RPC GetRedirect method, in case a customer has no storage.