4. Creating a Kickstart File¶
If you plan to perform an unattended installation of Acronis Storage, you can use a kickstart file. A kickstart file is a simple text file containing the information used by the Acronis Storage installer to install and configure your physical server. The format of kickstart files used in Acronis Storage installations is similar to that used to perform unattended installations of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
You can include in your Acronis Storage kickstart file two groups of options:
- The first group comprises the same options that you use when installing any RHEL-like distribution.
- The second group comprises the options specific to Acronis Storage.
Both groups of options are described in the following sections in detail.
- 4.1. Standard Kickstart Options
- 4.2. Acronis Storage Kickstart Options
- 4.3. Standard Kickstart Scripts
- 4.4. Specifying Components to Install
- 4.5. Kickstart File Example
- 4.6. Copying the Kickstart File